Every little squeak

Except Personal Attacks

Every little squeak

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Tesco's are recalling all their supermarkets because contamination was fould in one of its stores.

"Tesco fined over mice in aisles at Suffolk store

Droppings were found during store inspections, the court heard
Tesco has been ordered to pay £74,000 in fines and costs after mice were seen between the aisles of a Suffolk store.

Suffolk Coastal District Council said its food safety team found a "catalogue of problems" at Tesco Extra in Martlesham, near Ipswich.

Tesco was convicted of eight hygiene-related offences from April to August 2007 following a trial on Monday.

Magistrates in Ipswich fined the store £17,000 and ordered it to pay £57,000 towards the council's costs.

Poor cleaning and inadequate procedures had meant that parts of the store had become dirty and mice were active in many areas, the council said.

Members of the public reported seeing the rodents running between the aisles.

The eight offences under Food Hygiene regulations included failing to ensure adequate procedures were in place to control pests at a food premises and failing to ensure the food premises was kept clean."

Remember "Every little squeaks". :twisted:
Victors Mate

Postby Dragon Lady » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh that is appalling, VM!

I don't shop at Tesco as there isn't one nearby and I guess not all their stores are over-run by rodents, but it's very off putting all the same!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Rowan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

I don't use Tesco as much as I used to - I prefer Sainsbury if I must supermarket shop. Doesn't surprise me about Tesco though.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Rowan wrote:I don't use Tesco as much as I used to - I prefer Sainsbury if I must supermarket shop. Doesn't surprise me about Tesco though.

Same here, Evie. Our new Sainsbury opened nearly a year ago. The rather tatty Tesco was deserted by us in our droves.

Viv
vannin

Return to Anything Goes