I'm impressed

Except Personal Attacks

I'm impressed

Postby DaisyB » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm

My car is a Toyota Yaris and was a subject of the recall regarding the accelerator pedal. It was done on the first day the recalls started and my car was also washed at the garage I went to.
All car manufacturers have recalls at some time or other, I know when I worked at a Vauxhall dealership there was virtually one a month for something or other, but Toyota really seem to have taken the flack which Dave and I feel is very unfair. I have had Toyotas for about 15 years and this is the first recall we've had, so that in itself is impressive.
This morning, the postwoman had a letter I had to sign for, addressed to Dave. It was from Toyota and contained £20.00 in M&S Vouchers and a letter apologising for the recall and hoping that we still had faith in Toyota. I have never known another car manufacturer do that, have you?
DaisyB

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Quite agree with you. I have lost count of the Toyota cars hubby and I have had. I have A Yaris at the moment and hubby has a four wheeled something or other to tow the van. Never ever had a problem with cars or dealers. This last spot of bother has been blown out of all proportion. Superb vehicles. :grouphug: cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Rowan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:38 pm

That was good June. I think they (don't know who) decide who is and isn't going to be in favour this month.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:10 am

I don't know any company who would have cared enough to do that June.
I used to have a Toyota Corolla ... I loved that car. I totally agree that it's being blown out of all proportion.
caroljoyce

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:04 am

There was an interesting article in Time magazine regarding recalls. From memory I think there were 5.3 million vehicles of Toyota in 2010. GM had 18 million in , I think, 2005. Ford had a similar number in 1999. None hit the headlines like this . I think Toyota established such high standards of reliability that they have further to fall, so to speak. I have never owned a Toyota but their standards are legend!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Return to Anything Goes