Dragon Lady .........hospital address.

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Dragon Lady » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 am

The oncologist has altered the dosage of the drugs again. Today onwards I only have one tablet to take tonight whereas before it was several three times a day. Thank goodness for that; I hate taking tablets!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Maywalk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 am

That is good news DL. I am SO very happy to know that things are improving for you.

My d-i-l had to go back to the hospital a week ago because she has been on Tamoxifin? tablets because as you probably know she has had her breast off.
They were going to do more genetic testing on her and after she had prepared herself for two days before the op, which involves using a special liquid to shower yourself with including washing the hair for two days previous to an op to kill off any MRSA bugs.
She was already in the hospital gown ready for the probing of her womb when the surgeon said he wasn't touching her because she had not been bleeding, which the tablets could cause and he wasn't going to upset her body system if she had got no signs of any upset there.
My lovely d-i-l said she couldn't get dressed quick enough to get out. :mrgreen:
She goes back again in three months.

I have to do the same thing next week in regards of the showering with the special liquid before I go for the recorder op next Wednesday. Never a dull moment. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Anya » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 am

DL - Wonderful news and sign of good progress, down to one tablet :grouphug: :grouphug:

Glad to hear that hospitals now take better precautions against MRSA and other so called 'superbugs'. I hope the message is finally getting to medical personnel, who caused most of the problems, in the first place, through sheer negligence.

Not like the olden days, when all hospitals were run by Hattie Jacques, with rods of iron and enema cannulæ :magnify:
Anya

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 am

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Wish those days were back - no hospital staff too posh to wash then!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Wonderful news D.L. I too hate tablets. Keep up the good work. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Dragon Lady » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Visited the oncologist again last week (appointment brought forward a week because she is not going to be there next week). This meant no blood test because it is not close enough to the Chemo.

However, the hospital have rung me and told me to get it done on Tuesday at my local surgery. A much more satisfactory idea.

However, I did have the X-Ray I was asked to get and Dr Frim is thrilled to bits with it - she kept saying "Excellent" over and over again. She gave me paper copies of the X-Ray I had in June and the one the other day. On the first you can see the blockage from the fluid on the right lung and the second is totally clear!

In the meantime, YG and I are going to the theatre on the 17th and I am going to try to walk up the stairs to the dress circle, for a performance of "The Rivals - Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles.

Then on the following week I am lunching with old school friends at one of their houses. This involves a long, steep garden path with steps. Think I will be able to climb it!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Thats wonderful DL.
What a lovely bit of news to go to bed on.
I am SO very happy for you. :fing:
God Bless.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Brilliant, wonderful news. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Way to go Rosemary. Thrilled for you. :banana:
Incidentally if you ever have trouble getting to the surgery for a blood test, the District Matron or a paramedic can come to your home and do the deed there. We had to do this several times for Gina.
Victors Mate

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:42 am

So glad to hear the good news, DL. :grouphug:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Anya » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:19 am

That is fantastic news, Rosemarie !!!!!! Wonderful progress and some very enjoyable events planned :grouphug: :grouphug:
Anya

Postby dejavou » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 am

Great news hun .... may your recovery come on in leaps and bounds :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks folks!

VM - thanks for the info about the home blood tests. I didn't know that but will bear it in mind in case I ever need it!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Sorry, I am late catching up. Had Charlie for two days, which are always impossible times for logging in. Then today there is this great news, DL. :grouphug:

May you have continuous recovery in this way - and enjoy the theatre!

Viv
vannin

Postby Anya » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:26 am

My I suggest the - hospital address - words are removed from the Sticky? As no longer pertinent?

The news has been so good and we are all delighted. When will the chemo be finished, Rosemary?
:grouphug:
Anya

Previous

Return to Anything Goes