Tell Tale Tit.

Except Personal Attacks

Tell Tale Tit.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 pm

My son took me shopping today which is a rare thing for him to do. This is because his wife and daughter ( who usually takes me ) have gone to Birmingham to see the stage show of 'The Sound Of Music. '
He took me to Tesco and when we parked there was a Range Rover with a big dog in the back of it. The sun was beating down on the vehicle and my son went round to see if there were any windows open to let some air in for the poor animal. No such luck. :evil: :evil:
This worried me because the animal was barking and he looked rather old.

However as we entered Tesco's a Police section was set up there with two women police officers and I went and told them about it. One of them went straight out to check it herself and I hope she got the owner of the vehicle because the poor animal can die from all the heat gathered in there.
Yes I am a tell tale but I think it was justified in this case what say you????????
Maywalk

Postby rocky » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm

[font=Tahoma]Absolutely justified. I have made calls to police a couple times about animals left in a car in the sun ... or shade even if the weather is warm.

The first time I called 3-1-1 which is lesser emergency number as the police department is always asking folks to be a little more judicious in calling 9-1-1. But 3-1-1 transferred me immediately to the 9-1-1 dispatcher as this was a life threatening situation. The police car arrived within about 5 minutes the first time. The second time also, but the woman had gotten into her car ( parked illegally in a handicapped spot ) with her cart full of groceries and had pulled out. Here came the cop car through the parking lot ... I'd given make and model and license of the car and he spotted her and pulled her over a half block away.

Good for you!! [/font]
rocky

Postby sweetpea » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Very justified, you may have saved the poor dog's life. Some dog owners haven't got the sense they were born with. Well done to you.
sweetpea

Postby dejavou » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 pm

You did the right thing Maisie, the dog couldn't speak for itself :tantrum2:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby toolip2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Any thoughtless action regarding animals should be reported to the appropriate body and you did the right thing Maisie.

Some people forget or are totally ignorant about an animals welfare especially in heatwave conditions. Like leaving small rabbits in cages in the open with no shade or shelter and even with a shelter the heat accumalates rapidly and creatures can and do die because of thoughtlessness. :tantrum2: :evil: :huffin:
toolip2

Postby Maywalk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks folks for the back up.
IF I had seen him /her who owned the Rover they would have had the length of my tongue. :tantrum2:

I could not hang around too long because my son had to get back because someone was going to call and see him.
The Range Rover had gone by the time we were going home.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Well done! We have had cases where the police thought it so serious that they just smashed a window to save the animal. Some even do it to kids! In the summer here it can get up to 30 degrees often in summer, (in fact not far away from here holds the NZ record at 43.5 degrees).
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:37 am

There was just no way you could have ignored that poor animal, Maisie. Well done ! :grouphug:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Return to Anything Goes