Beginning of the end.

Except Personal Attacks

Beginning of the end.

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:20 am

I have had to succumb to the fact that I cant do heavy housework like I used to.
This has made it more evident with me passing out three times and finishing up in hospital each time which the docs put down to my ticker.
I will know more about that on the 18th of this month when I go to the heart hospital.

I have finally given in and just phoned the local Miracle Maids to have someone come round to see me to assess what I want doing. :(
I NEVER thought I would have to do this but I cant expect my lovely d-i-l to come and do it for me especially
as she is working and still be under supervision about her breast cancer.
My granddaughter has been a great help since she has been home from University but I dont like to impose on her.
Oh Boy !!!!!!!! I have never had anyone DOING for me but having had a discussion with hubby he said go for it.
WHY DO I FEEL SO GUILTY. :? :? :?
Maywalk

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 am

Know how you feel Maisie. I have had help from so many people, family and friends, since I broke my arm. OK I have had a cleaner come in three hours a week for some years ever since some rotten sod moved the floor further down but apart from that I have always been the one to help and that's the way I like it, accepting help however grateful I am comes very hard.
Victors Mate

Postby mo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Maisie, there will come a time when sad to say we will need help, whether from our family or helpers.

Don't feel awkward about it.

It's old age and thankfully it will come to a lot of us.
mo

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Know the feeling Maisie, in the same boat since hurting my neck and back. I thought I would never get used to the fact that someone was doing my job but got over that. Have to remember that whoever helps , not all that they do will be the way you are used to doing it. I solved my embarassment after the first week, I showed her round the rooms I needed looking after, showed her where I kept a box of dusters, polish, vacuum etc. and told her I would leave her to do what is necessary each time. As soon as she arrives, I make her a cuppa, then fasten myself in with my computor until she has finished. Working well so far. Hope yours proves o.k. too. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks folks for the positive replies.
I know I have to give in gracefully so the sooner the better. :mrgreen:

Thats what hubby and myself will be doing Penny -going on our computers I mean - when we get sorted out for a cleaner here
but I will make her a cup of tea while she is cleaning the computer room. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 pm

It's not the beginning of the end at all Maisie, just a sensible option at the moment, I know it feels like losing some of your independance, but just remember when you are feeling better, you can do the cleaning before your lady arrives, so you don't think she'll be looking down her nose at you :sunglasses:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Social services have offered me help with housework also, but I don't feel that I need it right now. I have purchased a new vacuum cleaner on line though - a lightweight one which I can carry upstairs and keep it there. I would not dare to try to carry Henry up the stairs - he's far too heavy.

I too have to face it that, as time goes on, I will need to get more help. Not a nice thought - someone dashing in early in the morning shouting "Can I do you now Sir?"
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Well I have arranged for the boss of the cleaners to come and see me tomorrow so that I can tell her what I want doing.

Thanks for the feedback everyone and I had to laugh at DLs posting of "Can I do you now sir" I had many a smile at that programme.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:14 pm

I've got someone who "does". She's not the cleanest cleaner but she is good hearted and often goes beyond what's asked for. I am almost used to it now.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Eve how lovely to have you here.
Are you home??????????
Maywalk

Postby Anya » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 am

Maisie - 'Guilt' is absolutely unnecessary. You need a bit of help at the moment, so what? I hope whoever turns up is kind and efficient, I am looking forward to the funny stories, already :grouphug:

DL - If any cleaner says to you - Can I do you now, Sir? - I suggest you suggest Spec Savers :mrgreen:
Anya

Postby mazzy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:25 am

Just look at it another way Maisie.....more time to play scrabble!

This is just the start of another chapter, that's all.

As to carrying hoovers upstairs - I don't do that. Just bought a second one and leave it up there.
mazzy

Postby Jann » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 am

My paternal Gran did for folk until she was 84 as well as keeping her own big house going,she was only ill for a couple of weeks before dying on my 24th Birthday....she was full of arthritis,and only 4ft nothing :sad:

I only wish I will be able to carry on independently,but as has been said I suppose we will have to accept that if I/we can't we shall have to have help.
Jann

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
I have a young lady coming this afternoon from our local Miracle Maids and I will discuss with her exactly what I want doing.

Yes Mazzy it will give me more time on Scrabble to be beaten by you. :roflmao:
Not that it matters because I still like to keep the grey matter going.
I honestly dont care who wins.
Maywalk

Postby Jann » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

Maisie I am a little intrigued as to what you mean by heavy housework :oops: forgive me for being stoopid but surely these days heavy housework doesn't apply ,but maybe you know different :rolleye11:
Jann

Next

Return to Anything Goes