Our Scottish Holiday

Except Personal Attacks

Our Scottish Holiday

Postby toolip2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm

We have just returned from a six day break up in the Highlands. we stayed in Fort William in a lovely hotel on a hill overlooking Loch Linnhe. Every day we went on trips to the area and went to Inverness, Isle of Skye, Mallaig and saw the steam train journeying from Fort willaim to Mallaig and go over the viaduct on its journey. The train is called the Jacobite one of two trains on that line. We have not been on it biut would love to.

The thing is with Scotland you do not forget it once visited. We love it. This is our fourth trip over the border and three with a coach company called Lochs and Glens www.lochsandglens.com Fabulous holiday and next year we plan to go on the east coast and take in Perthshire and the area.

:grouphug:
toolip2

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Sounds as though you had a great time Toolip.
I always call Scotland the 'Land Of The Rainbows'
I remember it well because I broke my right elbow at Ayr many years ago. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:54 pm

We went to the Isle of Skye a couple of years ago. My lasting impression is of miles and miles of forests each side of the road. I've never seen so many trees.
We were so jammy, while the rest of Britain was having bad weather we were in a sun trap. Every day warm and sunny. That was so unusual as the west coast of Scotland is not known for it's good weather.
What was the weather like for you toolip?
caroljoyce

Postby toolip2 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Not too good, CJ :roll: The only good day was Thursday, the rest was dull and drizzly :huffin: but it made no difference to the break for us :mrgreen:
toolip2

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Scotland can be so harsh and yet so beautiful. Always lush!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Scotland is beautiful ... but the Norweigan Fjords are even better.
caroljoyce

Return to Anything Goes