Age.

Except Personal Attacks

Age.

Postby mo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Why is knowing our age that important to everyone.

The media always puts a persons age when mentioning them. Why!

If you're in your fifties you are classed as almost middle aged these days.... sixties middle age.... seventies almost over the hill.... eighties then you are on the virge of having senile dementia.
Each person is an individual.

My mind is very young at heart, but sadly my body isn't quite the same.

Why can't we accept the people that we see, and not make such an issue about their age.

If I never knew my age, I'm sure that I would feel sooo much younger, but all the time I'm reminded of how old I am.
mo

Postby Maywalk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Reminds me of when I was in hospital Mo when I broke my hip and arm about five years or so ago I was about 75 then.
A haughty young woman came my bedside and the conversation went as follows..........

She "I'm going to ask you some questions. 32 West Street?"
Me " You what!"
She "Oh never mind can you count from 20 backwards?"
Me "Yes I can and I can say the alphabet backwards which would you like to hear first?"
She "Oh never mind about that then but do you know when the First World War started?"
I was by this time completely boiled up and I said quite loudly
"Yes I do know when the first world war started AND and the Second World War because I was in the thick of it. Didn't they teach you anything at b****y school? "
She was absolutely flummoxed and said she woudn't be asking me any more questions.
I was seething up with anger and I said to her "Before you go, the answer to the trick question was 32 West Street, because you asked me that to see if I was losing my brain power and whether I would remember at the end of the inquisition."
She was SO embarrassed she dropped all her papers as she went to turn tround to leave me.

I was resentful at the fact that she was sent round to see if I had all my faculties just because I was getting on in years. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby Tiddles » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Well done maisie!
Tiddles

Postby Maywalk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks Tiddles.
I might have been more cooperative if her attitude had not been SO haughty.
:roll:
When they finally started getting me out of bed to sit in the chair I had another woman
come to me with her identity badge hanging round her neck on a long chain.
She had come to take details of me being moved to a hospital closer to home.
I had a needle in my hand taking a drip and oxygen tubes up my nose and
as she bent over me the identity tag got caught round the drip needle unbeknown to
me and as she went to straighten up the tag ripped the needle out of the back of my hand.
Blood was spurting everywhere and I had NEVER
seen so many nurses all at once. :roflmao: What a tata because they had to change the
bedclothes because the blood had shot out so far.
Surprising where all the nurses came from but nowhere to be found if I was
pressing the bell wanting a bed pan when I needed one. :dunno: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby mo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Thank you for your posting Maisie. Yes it seems that as we grow older, we are treated more like young children.
mo

Postby Rowan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Tell me about it - I have to be VERY feisty and determined when in hospital or they treat me like an old woman!! They soon learn though, that's for sure. :groaner: :twisted:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:03 am

Was that five years ago, already ?????!!!!!!! Never ????!!!!!!

Blimey !! Somebody is nicking my life !!! If I ever catch him, I'll give him what-fer !!!
Anya

Postby rocky » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 pm

mo wrote:Thank you for your posting Maisie. Yes it seems that as we grow older, we are treated more like young children.

[font=Tahoma]Why is that, do you suppose?
It surely isn't a result of "respect your elders" because the same ones can be nasty as well as condescending.[/font] :letitallout:
rocky

Return to Anything Goes