Silly Me

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:39 pm

caroljoyce wrote:An even better exercise would be swimming. I know somebody whose doctor advised them to swim 3 times a week for their athritis.
I go as often as I can. Our local pool has over 50's sessions and also aqua aerobics is good....An excellent way of keeping fit.

Or you could try walking 5 miles a day. Take your mobile phone with you and at the end of the week you could ask Dave to come and fetch you. :hide:
Victors Mate

Postby DaisyB » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:03 pm

I'd walk if it wasn't for the arthritic knees and hips Tony.
I used to swim and do aquarobics, but kept getting ear infections. My doc told me that despite the chlorine, public baths are filthier than the sea.
DaisyB

Postby jollyjack » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Grannies are supposed to do their knitting...hope you are ok. How is Arthur?
jollyjack

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 pm

That's a shame about the ear infections June. I suppose you could wear ear plugs or a swimming cap... that would keep your ears dry.
I've never picked up any infections from our baths except maybe a veruca ... I wear flip flops now to protect my feet.

Consider giving it a go again. The water takes the weight ... it makes exercising so much easier.
caroljoyce

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 pm

caroljoyce wrote:... I wear flip flops .

Named after their French inventor Phillipe Fulop.
Victors Mate

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Victors Mate wrote:
caroljoyce wrote:... I wear flip flops .

Named after their French inventor Phillipe Fulop.

Oh yeah... really? :roflmao:
caroljoyce

Postby Anya » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 am

I love swimming in the sea but hate swimming pools, because of the chlorine and other factors.

Ultra-violet systems have been around for years, cheaper and safer than chlorine, yet rarely adopted.
Anya

Postby DaisyB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am

Arthur is as lovely as ever Jollyjack, though he has a bit of a cold and it teething already. He's dribbling all the time, bless him.
DaisyB

Postby DaisyB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

We''ll that was amazing, I got to the fracture/trauma clinic at 2:35 for a 2:50 appointment, saw the crowded waiting room and expected to be there all afternoon. Shortly after sitting down, my name was called. A young male doctor pushed and pulled my arm about and got me to try and push his hand away etc. Something kept 'popping' in my upper arm near my shoulder. He is going to refer me for an MRI scan, so now have to wait for an appointment for that. At least I can leave the sling off now and try and use my arm/hand as much as possible. Even shutting the car door made me scream out in pain. I have also noticed that there is not much movement in my wrist and it is slightly swollen. Oh well, more waiting, I hope not for too long. The doc is also referring me for physiotherapy. I was out of the hospital before my appointment time much to our surprise.
DaisyB

Postby Rowan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Good that you didn't have to spend the whole afternoon in the waiting room June. Hope pain gets less and less. :grouphug:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Anything Goes