Letter of Wishes

Except Personal Attacks

Letter of Wishes

Postby toolip2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I have recently made one and put it with our will. I have lots of good jewellery , some belonging to my Mum and MIL. I want the good stuff to go to my family so I made a list of who has what. me and hubby sat down and went throught it all. It was hilarious at the time as there was bits of stuff all over the table and us getting in a reet muddle with it. :roll: :roflmao:

Anyroad, its done and I feel so pleased and satisfied.to know my loved ons will get what I want them to have...I hope!!! :magnify: Although letters of wishes are not legally binding most families will honour the wishes of the deceased. Has anyone else done one? : :hide:
toolip2

Postby Rowan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:38 pm

No, but I have thought about it. I have a heap of stuff and was going to dish it out now, since it isn't being worn but both of my nieces aren't "into" gold, they prefer silver or white gold and I only have a couple of white gold pieces. I think I'll have to let it be melted down. There are some beautiful rings there too that I really loved.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I've never really been interested in expensive jewellery. Would you believe I love big chunky costume jewellery to set an outfit off. I never inherited any either so the problem doesn't arise.
I do have a few gold bits and pieces but I'm not bothered who has them.
caroljoyce

Postby mazzy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:21 am

I haven't done it for me, but a friend asked me to do one for her, as she wanted it typed and a copy sent to her solicitor.

She has some lovely jewellery - her daughter had recently died and she wanted to be sure her things went to the people she would like to have them.

I was happy to do it, but got quite upset when she told me what to put on the list for me.
mazzy

Postby rocky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

[font=Tahoma]I've given good jewelry, particularly my mother's diamonds and my grandfather's father's father's ( etc ) huge Old Mill European cut diamond to my kids. I don't wear fancy jewelry these days ... just an occasional sterling ring ( I love those ) and a pair of platinum earrings with a tiny diamond in each ( allergies ... can only tolerate 18K yellow gold or platinum in my ears ).

As for anything left in my home ... I've asked them to call in someone to either have an Estate Sale or an Auction. If one of them wants a particular item, they can purchase it. Money is to be divided three ways ( 3 kids ). Don't know if they'll actually do that. Maybe they'll just have some charity group come in and haul it away. Won't really matter to me, will it? :) [/font]
rocky

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:07 pm

I only have my son and lovely d-i-l and super granddaughter so there wont be any letter of wishes from me.
Hubby and I have paid for or funerals though because we want a Natural Burial funeral with an eco coffin.
We are going in the Natural Burial Ground at Prestwold Hall.
Neither of us want any fuss and wearing BLACK will be banned. Nor do we want any long drawn out church services. Just a word said round the grave before interment will be sufficient for us.
We want the wake to be a celebration of our life not to be one of mourning.
Our family knows already what our wishes are and will abide by what we have requested.
Maywalk

Postby toolip2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm

I have got lots of bling and love it. Wear it every day. The good jewellery I have is Mum's wedding ring, engagement ring, silver anniversary bangle dated 1937 and inscribed with Mum and dad's name. I wear this alot as I do her wedding ring on my right hand. Her engagement ring is very valable and delicate and onlty comes out on special occasions.
Over the years I have had good stuff given to me as well as left to me. we have two sons and their wives and three GC and the new GC, a little girl, now comes int to the letter of wishes.

My hubby is like david Dickenson but better looking :roflmao: and wears the stuff left to him by his parents and looks good in it too. It suits some men, I feel
toolip2

Return to Anything Goes