Anniversary surpise.

Except Personal Attacks

Anniversary surpise.

Postby Maywalk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

I had a surprise phone call at dinner from my lovely d-i-l saying that she and my
son want to take hubby and myself for a weekend to Norfolk on September the 17th.
It will be our 61st wedding anniversary on that date and that is why she chose it.
They have a holiday home there so it will be a nice break before the winter sets in.

I was blessed when my son married her because she is an angel.
She is more to me than some daughters are to their mothers.

Have you been blessed with a super d-i-l or s-i-l like me?
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Sadly no :dunno:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Anniversary Surprise.

Postby Maywalk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Maywalk wrote:I had a surprise phone call at dinner from my lovely d-i-l saying that she and my
son want to take hubby and myself for a weekend to Norfolk on September the 17th.
It will be our 61st wedding anniversary on that date and that is why she chose it.
They have a holiday home there so it will be a nice break before the winter sets in.

I was blessed when my son married her because she is an angel.
She is more to me than some daughters are to their mothers.

Have you been blessed with a super d-i-l or s-i-l like me?
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I was lucky enough to have a m-i-l like you though Maisie and I loved her, she was such a good person.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Maywalk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Aawww Eve, Thankyou for the lovely compliment. :oops:

Its lovely when m-i-l and d-i-l can get on like a house on fire.

To make the bond more solid between myself and my lovely d-i-l we share the same birthday. :D
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

My future daughter in law's a nice girl. We get on ok but I don't think she's anything like yours Maisie. She's a very modern miss, only 28 and she needs me a lot for child minding ... I do think she genuinely likes us though. I hope my relationship with her deepens to be half as good as your's Maisie.

My 2 son's in law are ok but I'm not particularly fond of either... One is materialistic and the other has no time for anyone.
They're good husbands & fathers though and excellent providers for their families so that's all that matters.
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Carol.
Well at least you have the grace to say that the two s-i-ls are good fathers Carol and that means a lot in todays society.
I hope your relationship gets better with the future d-i-l.

When my d-i-l had our granddaughter ( Tamsan--Tami ) I had just retired and with d-i-l working in a bank at that time
she asked me if I would look after my granddaughter because she didn't want to send her to baby minder and believe it or not they were the happiest times of my life.
I was TOO busy being a Mum and a wife when I had my own son to really enjoy him when he was a baby apart from fostering three children at that time so that they would NOT be put in a home.
I have a very strong bond with Tami and she phones every day even when she is
at the University. She is home at the moment so she calls in every day.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes