What do you do to keep active?

Except Personal Attacks

Postby rocky » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:11 pm

[font=Tahoma]Mind improvers ... ??

Reading ... rarely novels, mostly biography and history
Music ... was a reasonably good pianist, so I put on some of my records and play "air piano"
Needlepoint which I love and x-stitch which can be pretty frustrating when I choose something too involved.
X-word puzzles ... specifically that dreaded nasty tear-you-hair-out NYTimes weekender

And then there are the 'daydreams' ... Michael does floorplans ... I plot out exotic trips. [/font] :magnify:
rocky

Postby mazzy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 pm

It's scrabble for me too - love the one on Facebook, as you can play with friends or complete strangers. A few of us from here play....you are an excellent opponent Maisie, and one of the first on in the morning :-)

Also download some 'silly' games from BigFish games. Either match 3 or hidden object. I quite like that site as you can download the game for an hour, then buy it if you want - and they are usually around a fiver. You can then put the game on up to 4 computers.

Have gone into slightly nerdish mode...have put my existing Agatha Christie paperbacks into chronological order, and listed those I haven't got. On to book 5 at the moment, and scouring the charity shops for the others.

Also devise quizzes tot ake into Day Care at the Hospice .
mazzy

Postby Rowan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 pm

I read, got the computer and I watch a lot more television than I used to - I like to go into town and shop - usually to buy useless stuff!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Maywalk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 pm

I will have to get up earlier Mazzy to beat you at Scrabble.
You are brilliant at it. ;)

Thanks for the feed back everyone. Its nice to know what makes life more interesting for others we meet in cyberland. :)
Maywalk

Postby toolip2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Maisie, I am pleased you told me this about the BLISS charity. I have not sent any yet but was considering it. I will NOT be if ythis is true. will investigate. I am shocked to be honest.

I will do this for our local hospitals. I did some for one and they were gratefully accepted nowe I will send them to the neo natal depts at our other ozzy. :roll:

Do tell your friend to do them for her local neo natals if they want them, that is. Most do.
toolip2

Postby Maywalk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Yes I have told her Toolip.
I have not seen the article but I do have some copies of the Yours and I will have a
look in them tomorrow to see if I can find what she is talking about.
Maywalk

Postby mazzy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 am

toolip - I belong to a group that knits for charity. We donate some to our local hospital for the wee babies, and the rest goes where needed.

www.lovinghands.org.uk/charities

At the moment we are knitting a lot for the Pegasus Trust, for street children.
mazzy

Postby jollyjack » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 am

I play scrabble on facebook and would love to play with some of you who are members on here if anyone is interested.
My main activity is walking and all the more fun now that I can take the handsome Jamie in his pram. Going to start swimming again now the the children are going back to school. I love shopping and have regular trips to the shopping malls. Reading and computing keep the old brain cells alert.
jollyjack

Postby Maywalk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

Well JJ I am interested if you want to play Scrabble.
I am NOT sure how to start a game though. :dunno:
If you want a game and need my e-mail address or whatever one has to do to start a game off let me know and I will PM you.
Maywalk

Postby mazzy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Me too JJ - best if we became 'friends' so would need to know name - or you could befriend me......marilyn atkins
mazzy

Postby jollyjack » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Have added you both as friends if you accept we can take it from there.
jollyjack

Postby toolip2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 pm

mazzy wrote:toolip - I belong to a group that knits for charity. We donate some to our local hospital for the wee babies, and the rest goes where needed.

www.lovinghands.org.uk/charities

At the moment we are knitting a lot for the Pegasus Trust, for street children.

Mazzy thanks for the post but the link does not work It sais the site is not available or something like that :sad: :sorry:
toolip2

Postby Anya » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 am

Rocky - If you are a musician, why is it that don't you have a keyboard? They are so inexpensive these days, light as feathers, easy to store anywhere, volume can be turned down to a whisper.
Anya

Postby mazzy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:59 am

Sorry toolip - it worked when i posted it, but now now.
If you google 'loving hands' you'll find it...if you want to :-)
mazzy

Postby rocky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Anya wrote:Rocky - If you are a musician, why is it that don't you have a keyboard? They are so inexpensive these days, light as feathers, easy to store anywhere, volume can be turned down to a whisper.

[font=Tahoma]I did at one time, Anya. But it wasn't one of the best of the bunch and it frustrated the heck out of me!

I had my own piano, but my mother had hers ... we both moved cross country at the same time and it seemed silly to ship both pianos. That was true. But she insisted we keep her piano as it was the better of the two and I should keep that one ... of course it also had a "touch" that would've been appropriate for a boxer. Some time later I had to deal with repetitive motion problems ... wrist, elbow, shoulder on the right and wrist, elbow on the left. Rather than surgery, went with rest and that was the end of that ( expletive :cheeky4: deleted ) piano.[/font]
rocky

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes