I want to buy a digi camera.

Except Personal Attacks

I want to buy a digi camera.

Postby mo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:03 pm

My recent Samsung digi camera broke and I am lost without one.This was a lovely little camera, a wee bit bulky for handbags but did great sharp pictures and the recordings were very long.

I bought it about 4 years ago from one of the shopping adverts on T.V which also gave me 6 C.Ds for making greeting cards, montage, panorama collage etc. A real bargain at £80

I am desperate to buy another digi cam but being as I'm no proffesional at photography and can't bear a lot of messing about, I want a camera that I can click and it takes sharp pictures for under £100
I would be so very grateful if anyone can give me advice or know of a good little camera for just taking photos without all the frills.
mo

Postby Tiddles » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Have a look Here
Tiddles

Postby DaisyB » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm

I'd always recommend a Nikon, still prefer it to my Fuji
DaisyB

Postby mo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks Tiddles and June for your advice. Will take a look.
mo

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Yes, I've been a Nikon fan for years! The prime requisite in a camera for me, is optics, and Nikon are one of the best. Ignore digital zoom, you can do that on your computer. Optical is what counts and as higher number of pixels as you can afford.
When I think of the hours I used to spend under a small yellow light in the darkroom, smelling of hypo, being told off for tieing up the laundry till 2 am......!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby rocky » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:Yes, I've been a Nikon fan for years! The prime requisite in a camera for me, is optics, and Nikon are one of the best. When I think of the hours I used to spend under a small yellow light in the darkroom, smelling of hypo, being told off for tieing up the laundry till 2 am......!

[font=Tahoma]oh, does that bring back memories! I had a Nikon, nothing automatic about it so it took some time, but the photos were great. My youngest took photography classes in university, so she used my Nikon. Of course I never did get it back. No surprise there, eh? :roll:

Her "darkroom" was our one and only bathroom. You get the picture, I'm sure! Finally, after a few times of frantic beating on the bathroom door, we hit on an arrangement whereby she would come to wherever I happened to be at the time and announce "you'd better use the bathroom now 'cuz I'm going to do some developing".

She still has the Nikon and prefers to use it, but also has a Canon digital. That suits me 'cuz I have a fully automatic ( or not, depending on my mood ) digital. Inexpensive, but quite adequate for me.[/font]
rocky

Postby mo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Well I plumped for a Canon after great write ups about it on the net. I've just got to get myself used to it now. So different to my Samsung.
mo

Return to Anything Goes