Content

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I’ve now cooked quite a bit only one failure a coffee cake that was way overcooked due to the phone ringing at the wrong time.
Three different couples at different times, two of them sisters with their partnes but they don’t talk to each other, my lips are sealed, and a couple of local friends. The good news is no one needed an ambulance and all said they enjoyed the meal, mind you as far as my friends are concerned that doesn’t say much as it is rumoured he’d eat sh ** if it was sugared.

The “mains” I cooked were Chicken Cacciatore, Boeuf Bourguignon and September Pork.

I was asked the difference between beef stew, beef casserole and Boeuf Bourguignon.
My answer?
Beef stew has dumplings
Beef casserole is made by those who can’t make dumplings or are worried about their shape. (round is a perfectly good shape in my opinion).
Boeuf Bourguignon has ¾ of a bottle of red wine added. What happened to the other ¼ I was asked. What a bliddy silly question.

Just been watching a programme about the Lake District and a local chef visited a rare breeds animal attraction, I laughed out loud when the owner said one of his breeding sows had been called Camilla Porker Bowles but she had been found to be infertile. Just hope Charlie Windsor (wingnut to his friends) doesn’t visit. Mind you I would find that amusing.

The only trouble with cooking is my arm aches for hours afterwards. On balance it’s well worth it.
Victors Mate

Postby Corrie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Well done!!! Your answers sound good to me! :mrgreen: Made me laugh about Camilla ! :mrgreen: Charlie gets call Chapel Hatpeg Lugs where I come from !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rolleye11:
Corrie

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Corrie wrote: Charlie gets call Chapel Hatpeg Lugs where I come from !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rolleye11:

Love it, just love it :roflmao: :roflmao:
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Stew, casserole or bourguignon - I'll have some!! Your arrm still painful Tony? Mine is horribly painful yet. :choklit:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Rowan wrote:Stew, casserole or bourguignon - I'll have some!! Your arrm still painful Tony? Mine is horribly painful yet. :choklit:

Mine is not painful but bliddy hell it does ache for hours if I overdo things.

Are you on Co-codamol or anything they helped me a lot. :grouphug:
Victors Mate

Postby Anya » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 am

Charlie and the Camel, as they are known in these 'ere parts. But she was not infertile :mrgreen:

VM - that was a LOT of cooking !! I know one or two people who would eat sheesh, as long as it was free. They are not even bothered about the sugar.
Anya

Previous

Return to Anything Goes