hurricane Hermine

Except Personal Attacks

hurricane Hermine

Postby rocky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:38 pm

[font=Tahoma]Wasn't much of a hurricane ... just category 1 when it came ashore at the far West TX/Mex border. But we here in central TX were on the back side of the bands and we got clobbered.

12 inches of rain between midnight night before last and midnight last night. And enough wind to push water into my bedroom through the window -- screen, glass and all. My patio was deep enough that I thought the rain might come in under the sliding glass doors, but it didn't -- almost, but not quite.

My scooter is parked on the sidewalk just outside my front door. Wet, wet, wet. Electric scooter. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it'd get soaked -- well under the 6-ft. overhang.

A chinaberry tree came crashing down yesterday afternoon. Poor tree service was out in the rain pulling the tree off the building ( rope and sturdy truck ) and cutting it into enough logs to keep things safe.

My la Mome Piaf ( Tortie with a quivering little voice ) was scared enough to hop up on my bed for part of the night. Me? I slept through it all -- maybe? Did wake up and make a couple trips to the bathroom. Could be it was the rain/wind that woke me -- ya' think? [/font]
:roflmao:
rocky

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

I guess if no real harm was done it was a case of "Non, je ne regrette rien" :rolleye11:
Victors Mate

Postby rocky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Victors Mate wrote:I guess if no real harm was done it was a case of "Non, je ne regrette rien" :rolleye11:

[font=Tahoma]the rain or the trips? [/font] :oops:
rocky

Postby mazzy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Sounds very frightening to me - mother nature won't be tamed!
mazzy

Postby rocky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 pm

[font=Tahoma]was 15 inches earlier this morning ... is now 18 inches and more is on the way ... this is unbelievable! [/font] :dunno:
rocky

Postby Anya » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:11 am

WOW !!! That's a lot of rain, wind and stuff !!!!! Would have got this country to a complete standstill and no train would be running for the next six month - wrong kind of drops
Anya

Postby dejavou » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Hope you've got good wellies Rocky :rolleye11:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Return to Anything Goes