Angel

Except Personal Attacks

Angel

Postby Dragon Lady » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:55 am

I know you occasionally like to have news of Angel, so here is the latest.

For some months now I have been extremely worried about her. Back before I went into hospital she had a lump in her neck which was getting bigger. By the time she came back from her holiday in Kent, it was even bigger.

Last Friday I took her into the Vet for her 3-monthly hormone injection and asked the Vet for her opinion. She thought it was probably a sebaceous cyst but, nevertheless, took a needle biopsy and sent it for analysis.

I had to go out yesterday morning and, when I got back, there was a message on the answerphone from the Vet and she says the biopsy confirmed it is only a sebaceous cyst and is totally harmless! It might, apparently get larger and even burst and discharge (whoopee!) but it will do her no harm at all.

Thank goodness for that - now I can stop worrying! :grouphug:
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 am

What a relief :mrgreen: Angel can sleep easy now.
Just one thing if it bursts (if I remember rightly) it might pong a bit as well as being messy.
Victors Mate

Postby mazzy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Oh I was so frightened when I read this, as we lost a cat who developed a vaccine induced sarcoma on her neck. Poor little Jess.

I am so glad to hear that it is 'just' a cyst....so pleased for Angel.
mazzy

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:46 pm

So glad to hear that its nothing worse for Angel DL.

Now you can stop worrying and get on with life. :)
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:09 pm

What a relief that is!

I just had a relief an hour ago, over Trixie. Not healthwise but more a suspected escapade or shutting-in somewhere. She disappeared at 7.15 this morning after breakfast, and although she sometimes stays away up to six hours, most days she comes back to be fed. I wondered if someone else is making her a shared cat!

By 4 p.m., no sign. Two good neighbors and I went searching in the woods at the back. In all the 42 years here, I have never actually explored them, thinking it was all overgrown. But no, there are established paths everywhere. Anyway her nibs likes spending time there. I called her name and searched a while.

At 5 p.m. she nonchalantly came strolling in through the cat flap, and is not telling! :huffin: So I had my exercise anyway. I know it was over-anxiety but there are foxes and also, lately, a few badgers - the body of one was taken by the council earlier today. It may not sound credible but my daughter's inlaws lost two cats to attacks by badgers.

Alls well here now!
Viv
vannin

Postby Dragon Lady » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank goodness she came back home, Viv! That is one reason I am sometimes happy that Angel has to be an indoor cat!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Rowan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm

thank goodness for that DL :grouphug:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Goes