Kwik Fit

Except Personal Attacks

Kwik Fit

Postby Tiddles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 pm

If you are thinking of having your car serviced at Kwik Fit - you might want to check out BBC's Watchdog programme that was screened earlier tonight before you do!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/
Tiddles

Postby Rowan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:48 pm

just watched it - can't say was surprised
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 am

I have always looked for a local family firm, even better if within walking distance. I struck gold a few years ago, the third son of a farmer near here set up one of the barns as a garage, MOT station, working with a cousin and another young man.

Because they are tucked well out of the way, they progressed through word of mouth only and they are BRILLIANT. I try and take the car down on days when I am working from home, save them having to give me a courtesy car, the walk back is less than two miles but really steep, easier in the evening, when I walk back down :mrgreen:
Anya

Postby Rowan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:56 am

good for them its great to see a bit of enterprise
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 pm

What irritates me about watchdog is that bloke who goes round with his side-kick showing up rogue traders with silly gimmicks and giving the trader what for verbally,but a satisfactory conclusion never seems to com about. They the traders usually drive off or run for the hills. They do not appear to get their cumuppance and taken to court and prosecuted. I think that BBC guy is silly. :roll: :huffin:
toolip2

Postby Anya » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 am

Toolip - I agree with you. Used to watch Watchdog, years ago but gave up in disgust when they became nothing but gimmicks and trial by television.

A programme like that is essential, warning about rogue traders and scammers but should be done professionally, not like children screaming - yabooh, to you !!!
Anya

Postby Vince » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:49 am

I finished with Kwik fit five years ago when they told me I needed to replace two tyres that had severe cuts on the sides, but couldn't be seen until the car was jacked up. I didn't accept there findings and drove the car to an A.A. garage to have the pressures checked a the same time asked them to look around the tyres to see if they were O.K. for a five hundred mile run to Newcastle, The answer was no problems at all they should do another twenty thousand miles,
Vince

Postby toolip2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Anya wrote:Toolip - I agree with you. Used to watch Watchdog, years ago but gave up in disgust when they became nothing but gimmicks and trial by television.

A programme like that is essential, warning about rogue traders and scammers but should be done professionally, not like children screaming - yabooh, to you !!!

....and a choir outside someone's house bellowing to the rogue trader and and soppy presenter with his biker side-kick acting ridiculous. I agree the programme used to be very good but a fiasco now. :tantrum2: :roll: :huffin: :groaner:
toolip2

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Any programme featuring Ann (spit) Robinson will always be all Ann Robinson me me me.
Victors Mate

Return to Anything Goes