Wear and wash.

Except Personal Attacks

Wear and wash.

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Ladies everytime you wear something for a few hours do you wash it afterwards?

The reason I'm asking this is that on my recent holiday in Wales the friend that we went with was wearing a really lovely dress one evening... brand new I think. Anyway when it came time to pack and go home she just threw it carelessly in the case and when I commented that it was going to be awfully creased when she unpacked it she explained that it didn't matter because she was going to wash it.

I've got to admit that if I wear a lovely expensive dress for one evening only and manage not to get any marks on it, I hang it back in the wardrobe for another wearing. What do you do?
caroljoyce

Postby mo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 am

Just like you Carol. These days with deodorants etc there is no need to wash your clothes after one wear.
I also put the double amount of fabric softener in the rinsing water, this saves an awful lot of ironing.
mo

Postby dejavou » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:36 pm

I don't do fancy dresses or outfits, bit antisocial really, most of my stuff I wear for work and wash after each wearing as it gets very stuffy in the office where I work, plus I have a dog who covers me in hair when I get home on an evening :mrgreen:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Arfaitis » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Shirt vest underpants and socks, daily, sometimes two shirts a day. I have always since the day I was married.
My wife is exactly like your friend and changes daily no matter how long she has worn it..

Arfa
If I am wrong and there is nothing, then it will not matter....if there is 'something' then I am not afraid.

West Yorkshire
Arfaitis

Postby Rowan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm the same - all change and wash after each wearing. I spill :oops:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby sweetpea » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I wouldn't wash an expensive dress after one evening's wear - if I hadn't spilled anything that is!
sweetpea

Postby Anya » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 am

Some things cannot be washed, I give them a good airing for a couple of days.

When they built the wardrobes, I asked them to make a narrow unit at the end, with a bit of hanging space and a shelf. Anything close to the skin that I have worn once, like a blouse or a top, go in there, to be worn again once or twice. Then they are washed and put away.
Anya

Postby Monsy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 pm

I wouldn't wash something expensive/sparkly if it was unmarked, just air it and hang it back in the wardrobe. (One of the best things about the smoking ban is, that your clothes don't stink any more. No offence meant to those of you who smoke)

However, everything else is washed, as like Eve I have a propensity to slitter........

Had a discussion with someone the other day, their child wears only two school uniforms a week, while the wee one has a clean one on every day.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Dragon Lady » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:36 pm

I never wash anything after just one wearing.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Anything Goes