Ignoring.

Except Personal Attacks

Ignoring.

Postby mo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Isn't it strange how you try hard to reply to good threads yet some will always ignore you or let out stupid skits. You know who you are. In future I am going to ignore any postings of theirs.
mo

Postby Corrie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Well I'm new here and just finding my way around but I'd never ignore a good thread either. Remember Mo skitters comes from skittles and thats the new word for verbal diarrhoea.
Corrie

Postby rocky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:05 pm

[font=Tahoma]some people are more verbose than others ... announcing you'll ignore is a bit mean-spirited, don't you think? You could just ignore without adding insult to some unnamed culprit.[/font]
rocky

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Oh Crikey!!!!!!
I dont know what this is about but I hope its soon solved. :sad:
Maywalk

Postby mo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:29 pm

rocky wrote:[font=Tahoma]some people are more verbose than others ... announcing you'll ignore is a bit mean-spirited, don't you think? You could just ignore without adding insult to some unnamed culprit.[/font]

That's exactly what I meant Rocky. Just ignore the culprit who never responds to any of my threads or replys when I write on their thread unless it's something stupid.
mo

Postby rocky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 pm

mo wrote:
rocky wrote:[font=Tahoma]some people are more verbose than others ... announcing you'll ignore is a bit mean-spirited, don't you think? You could just ignore without adding insult to some unnamed culprit.[/font]

That's exactly what I meant Rocky. Just ignore the culprit who never responds to any of my threads or replys when I write on their thread unless it's something stupid.

[font=Tahoma]But what I meant, Mo, was why post the "ignore" subject in the first place? Just ignore and let it go at that. No need to advertise intent.

I'm editing/adding here ... sorry, Mo. I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment. We had 13 inches of rain in one 24 hour period a week or so ago. I was awash in my bedroom. Water ran off the roof, down three stories and into the inside of my bedroom window. Before I knew it, carpet, padding were sopping wet. Got that taken care of, but we're getting more rain almost every day and it seems to take only a quarter inch before the water is running down the inside of my window again. I now have two heavy Swedish throw rugs that I fold up and stuff onto the sill and up the window a couple inches. When one gets sopping wet, I put it in my washer to spin dry before putting it in the dryer. The other rug goes on the window. And I'm alternating once or twice a day every day. This is not fun. [/font]
rocky

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Crikey Rocky,
I am sitting here amazed because Texas to me always conjours up in my mind pictures of hot sunny days.

What with you getting the rain like that and New Zealand having VERY heavy snowfalls it makes one wonder if the ruddy world is turning upside down.

I hope it soon eases up for you.
Maywalk

Postby rocky » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Maywalk wrote:Crikey Rocky,
I am sitting here amazed because Texas to me always conjours up in my mind pictures of hot sunny days.

What with you getting the rain like that and New Zealand having VERY heavy snowfalls it makes one wonder if the ruddy world is turning upside down.

I hope it soon eases up for you.

[font=Tahoma]Thanks, Maywalk. Hot, yes. Sticky humid, yes. It's hibernation time in the Summers. We usually get, on average, 36 inches of rain in a year. We don't get 13 to 15 inches in one fell swoop unless we happen to be on the back side of a hurricane ... and that's what happened this year. We're central Texas, but those outer bands really did a number on us.

Like you, the horrid weather changes we're seeing are worrisome to me.[/font]
rocky

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:10 pm

The extremes are getting more extreme everywhere and that's worrying.
Victors Mate

Postby mo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 pm

So sorry to read about your problem Rocky. I do hope you get all the wet stuff dried. It must be heartbreaking having these floods ruin your belongings.
mo

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:21 am

Well it's certainly been a weird autumn here! Horizontal rain here. Ice and snow down south - at least the ski field operators will be pleased but so many new lambs have died there will be a real effect on farmers.
The upside of this last few weeks is the way the people of the whole country have got behind Christchurch after their big quake. Thousands of students, (it s a university town) turning out to help , even bringing their own shovel to help with the removal of silt which has inundated everything.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 am

Thats heartening Michael to know that the students are helping out the best they can.
Its funny how in extreme emergencies folks pull together irrespective of status in life or creed come to that.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes