Photo you wish you had.

Except Personal Attacks

Photo you wish you had.

Postby Victors Mate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Many of us have photographs galore but are there any you wish you had but haven’t got or didn’t take?

I wish I had taken photos of Gina and her friends at our Jazz club when wide skirts, sugar starched petticoats broderie anglaise blouses and flattie shoes were the “in thing” along with the right hair style to capture that Audrey Hepburn look that was all the rage. So feminine so attractive, so unforgettable. But then I suppose we were all just “putting on the style”.

What photos do you wish you had?
Victors Mate

Postby Corrie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm

I'd love more of my parents together, my Dad died when I was 9 and Mam was a widow from then who lived for her family and home. Wish I had'nt taken notice of Mam and had taken that unwanted photo of her making bread or sewing or knitting or doing whatever she happened to be doing because she was always busy. :cry:
Corrie

Postby vannin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

I wish I had some recent-ish photos of the four of us: me, husband, son and daughter, taken in the nineties. There are plenty with my daughter, but my son hated having his photo taken, since adolescence took over - and he still felt the same in his late twenties.

Of course, there were loads of childhood snaps. David's and my 43 years of marriage had 43 albums. In the past year (I don't have a digital) I have been using fun cameras with great success and filled two more small albums. In the recent spate of attempted break-ins, all of those would have been my most guarded items!

Viv
vannin

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

I always regretted loosing my class photo from the final year at school... It got lost somehow in the early years of my marriage... probably when moving house or something.

When I first went on the internet I got in touch with some old class mates via 'Friends reunited' and one of them very kindly sent me a copy of the photo I'd lost more than 40 yrs ago ... it was fun trying to recall the names.

It will never get lost again I printed it off and had it framed ... It's now on the wall alongside Tony's school class photo.
caroljoyce

Return to Anything Goes