Looking forward to......................

Except Personal Attacks

Looking forward to......................

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 am

going to the Childrens Hospice this morning.

Hubby and I are going with the family this morning to the Childrens Hospice to be at the opening ceremony of the glass wall that has been built. http://www.rainbows.co.uk/
The wall consists of seven colours that can have an inscription engraved on them bought for various amounts. When we had our Diamond wedding anniversary last year I told folks NOT to buy us any presents but if they felt the need to do anything they could put it into a fund so that we could purchase a brick and help Rainbows. They all thought it was a great idea and now today we will be seeing the finished result.
Hubby and I purchased the Crystal brick with the words below etched on it so we will be seeing the launching of the wall this morning.

Diamond Wedding Celebration
Maisie & Cliff Walker.
1949------2009.

Looking forward to going round the hospice because they are wonderful folk who dedicate their lives to give the little ones as much pleasure as they can in their short lives. It makes me feel VERY humble.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Maywalk

Postby mazzy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 am

What a lovely thing to do - have a great day Maisie

I volunteer at our local Hospice, but it is for adults - don't think I could cope with the liitle ones...too sad.
mazzy

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks Mazzy.
I will only be going for about a couple of hours because hubby cant walk about now like he used to.
Even so it will still be an interesting couple of hours.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:59 am

I hope you'll tell us all about it maisie.
caroljoyce

Postby Jann » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

Sounds a lovely thing to do Maisie,enjoy your day and photo's if you can please,or at least an account of your experience of the day.xx
Jann

Postby Monsy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:39 pm

You have my utmost admiration Maisie, I can't bear anything to do with children suffering, so I take the coward's way out and turn a blind eye.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby rocky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:21 pm

mazzy wrote:What a lovely thing to do - have a great day Maisie

I volunteer at our local Hospice, but it is for adults - don't think I could cope with the liitle ones...too sad.

[font=Tahoma] A beautiful way to commemorate a beautiful occasion. How lovely to think of it.

I was a hospice worker. But I couldn't work with the little ones ... though they are the most remarkable of little souls. Instead I made calls on patients who stayed in their homes ... specializing in the "actively dying" folks. I could handle that, but not the little tykes. [/font]
rocky

Postby Rowan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Too hard for a lot of people - they are so brave too.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Goes