Sorry if I seem to ignore..........

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Rowan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 pm

I have something like that now - all right if you fall indoors but useless if you are out of the house - which I was.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Maisie, thank you very much for that link. I have contacted them for a brochure.

Viv
vannin

Postby Anya » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 am

Viv - very frightening and upsetting experiences and you have done all the right things, money well spent, for peace of mind. Do you have good neighbours?
Anya

Postby mazzy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 am

Sorry to hear that you have been unsettled by these feral youths - glad that you have had the alarm fitted, though it is a shame you have had to spend out to get some security.

Just to lighten the mood - your story of the policemen reminded me of a little incident that happened here.

Trev got up in the early hours to let the cat out - the one who pretends he is a stray, and has been living with us for 2 years now - he heard voices in the garden and went out to investigate. There were two policeman there and they said they were looking for some youths. They had quite a chat, then Trev came back in. It was only as he was getting back into bed that he realised that he was stark naked!
mazzy

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Started my day off with a great laugh there, Mazzy!

Yes, feral is the word I used too.

Anya, there is a good neighbor opposite - unfortunately they were on holiday when all this happened. So was the neighbor on one side of me, but he is elderly and asthmatic, and although helpful and kind, I would never drag him out either night or day. The neighbors on the other side are Chinese and have taken 'keeping themselves to themselves' to a fine art.

Viv
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 am

Reading Rowans post about falling outside the home my lifeline alarm is the same BUT yesterday I treated myself to a big buttoned phone which has an emergency SOS button on the back attached to it.
As far as I can make out it stores up to 4 numbers and if you activate the emergency alarm it will go through those numbers until you get a reply.
I have NEVER had a phone before because with my bad hearing I cant hear what folks say on them. With this one I can learn to text because the buttons are bigger than the usual ones that hubby has. I have not got it going yet because my d-i-l is coming tomorrow to show me how to go on with it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doro-PhoneEasy- ... B002JOVMDY
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:32 am

Viv, what a terrible time you've been having, but as everybody else has said, you've made all the right moves and although it's a pain having to shell out your money on an alarm, it will give you peace of mind when you settle down to normality again.

So you take it easy now and try not to dwell on the a**eholes that are out there, remember there are still many more good people than there are bad, only because they are the norm, we tend to not notice them :grouphug:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks Deja and everyone else who has posted so kindly. I still think I was more angry than 'feart', but clearly the night-time anxieties came out in the physical health, just like shocks of any kind. I delayed seeing the doctor for a few weeks, up till last week, which was daft really. I must say, though I never want to rely on pills,the low dose (10 mg) in less than a week, are helping my sleep.

Viv
vannin

Postby rocky » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:14 pm

mazzy wrote:Just to lighten the mood - your story of the policemen reminded me of a little incident that happened here.

Trev got up in the early hours to let the cat out - the one who pretends he is a stray, and has been living with us for 2 years now - he heard voices in the garden and went out to investigate. There were two policeman there and they said they were looking for some youths. They had quite a chat, then Trev came back in. It was only as he was getting back into bed that he realised that he was stark naked!

[font=Tahoma]That paints the most delicious word picture! Thanks for my morning chuckle![/font]
rocky

Postby Rowan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Doesn't it just!! Well done Trevor.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Anything Goes