Are you trying to loose weight?

Except Personal Attacks

Are you trying to loose weight?

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Have you heard of the 'Every other day' diet? There's a lot about it on the internet. Apparently you eat normally for a day and stick to a very low fat diet on alternate days. I reckon I could do that if I knew I could have my normal food the day after. I need to loose half a stone ... I'm going to try it.
caroljoyce

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:34 pm

I forgot to add; With this diet your body's matabolism doesn't slow down (as it does with normal slimming diets) because it never knows if you're starving or not!! :dunno:

Good eh? :banana:

OH well.. it's only what I've read... but it's worth a go!!
caroljoyce

Postby rocky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 pm

caroljoyce wrote:I forgot to add; With this diet your body's matabolism doesn't slow down (as it does with normal slimming diets) because it never knows if you're starving or not!! :dunno:

Good eh? :banana:

OH well.. it's only what I've read... but it's worth a go!!

[font=Tahoma]That makes sense! Sounds like a good idea. Slower going, maybe, but to trick the body into thinking it doesn't have to store fat seems a distinctly reasonable idea.

I'm trying to drop one clothing size. I think I'm almost there. The weight had just sneaked on and I was pretty much oblivious until it became time to think about moving up one size -- yet again![/font]
:evil:
rocky

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm on it today.
Breakfast; Blueberries and low fat yoghurt.
Lunch; Home made broccoli soup (no bread)
Evening; Dont know yet... maybe a huge salad and cottage cheese... no bread.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I aren't half looking forward to my roast tomorrow though! :mrgreen:
caroljoyce

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Not trying to lose weight but I am trying to gain height. :hide:
Victors Mate

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Victors Mate wrote:Not trying to lose weight but I am trying to gain height. :hide:

You could try wearing elevator boots VM.

caroljoyce

Postby Jann » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Never never try to lose weight :tantrum2: my sister did this 40 odd years ago,she became an anorexic and bulimic,she is ill with chain smoking and not eating,lost her teeth,had a stroke,now has osteoporosis,I fear we will lose her before long :sad:
Jann

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm sorry for your sister Jann but she's an extreme case. It isn't good to be fat or overweight.
All I want to loose is half a stone. There's no fear of me ever becoming anorexic. I love my food too much.
caroljoyce

Postby Corrie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Sounds sensible to me, let us know how you've done next weekend and I may try it ... the photo of the boots made me laugh!
Corrie

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Jann wrote:Never never try to lose weight :tantrum2: my sister did this 40 odd years ago,she became an anorexic and bulimic,she is ill with chain smoking and not eating,lost her teeth,had a stroke,now has osteoporosis,I fear we will lose her before long :sad:

Jann I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's plight.

I must admit I get fed up with the (younger) nurses always telling me that because I am overweight (due as they assume to “ping” pre-prepared meals and too much salt) I must have high cholesterol. I tell them I do not have high cholesterol they do the tests and surprise, surprise my cholesterol is always about 4.7.
OK my “portion control” might be somewhat lacking but my diet is good.

I do think that to at least some extent your body shape is what it is and too much tampering is dangerous.

Mental health is a delicate balance and you interfere with it at your peril.
Victors Mate

Postby toolip2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Umm, Carole. I would like details of this diet. Where can it be found,please? I need to lose at least 8lbs. :roll: :groaner:
toolip2

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:58 pm

8 lbs is what I'm wanting to loose too JB. Just go to Google and type in 'The every other day diet' There's lots of different bits and bobs about it.
I've eaten quite normally today and am ready for another low calorie day tomorrow... I'll be so pleased if it works. I'm going to try and stick with it.
caroljoyce

Postby Jann » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am

My sister also loves food Carol ,she is forever baking,cooking,the only difference is that she is bulimic,hence the teeth loss wrinkled face,brittle bones,please please just eat sensibly and never after 6pm,life is for living.... :sad:
Jann

Postby mo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 pm

I always thought that when I reached a certain age I would be able to eat what I like and have no worries about how I looked.
How wrong I was. I am not happy being overweight. Having said that. Thin folk over a certain age look so much older showing all their wrinkles on their skin, something I haven't got'
I am overweight and find it so very hard to cut down on the food that I love so much.
mo

Postby rocky » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

mo wrote:I always thought that when I reached a certain age I would be able to eat what I like and have no worries about how I looked.
How wrong I was. I am not happy being overweight. Having said that. Thin folk over a certain age look so much older showing all their wrinkles on their skin, something I haven't got'
I am overweight and find it so very hard to cut down on the food that I love so much.

[font=Tahoma]I couldn't have said it better, Mo.

Eat, drink and be merry 'cuz after a certain age we've earned the right. Well, not exactly. When I step out of the shower and face myself in that WAY to tall and WAY too wide mirror ... I'm not a happy camper, either.

How'd you manage to avoid wrinkles? Probably all the years in the desert sun took their toll for me? I've got wrinkles and bags something fierce! :groaner:

I'm restricting my food intake. I have always had to limit calories ... slow metabolism no matter what. But I do want/need to drop one pant size at least. I'll leave it at that 'cuz, like you, I do think folks of a certain age look deathly ill if too thin. ( not much chance of that for me ... I, too, love food )[/font]
rocky

Next

Return to Anything Goes