I got really ...................

Except Personal Attacks

Postby mazzy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks everyone
mazzy

Postby Anya » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:05 am

How are you getting on with the knitting, Maisie? Have the quacks still not worked out why you feel faint?

I have always knitted, designing straight onto the needles, without a pattern. Mostly I knit only in the late evening, for a couple of hours, takes me ages to finish anything.

When my children were growing up I was deep into knitting Aran sweaters, for one large husband, two (ever larger) sons, one large father, a couple of large uncles and even meself, very occasionally. I used to have a small piece of knitting, like a sock, about my person, at all times and knitted in the Tube, at lunchtime in work, in the car (if hubby was driving) ... everywhere.

Looking back, I don't know how I managed to knit so much complicated stuff, makes my fingers ache, just thinking about it.
Anya

Postby Rowan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 am

I used to knit a lot too, I quite miss it but there isn't the same wool shops around for getting good quality wool and I gave my needles to the chattery shop
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mazzy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm sorry to admit that I buy inexpensive wool....but all the kntting I do now is for charity. I don't buy the cheapest, but look out for bargains.
mazzy

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi Anya,
I have left the knitting for a bit because I had another bad turn yesterday morning about 5-50am. Hubby had to call the paramedics in to give me oxygen to help bring me round. I felt grim all day and didn't want to either eat or drink.
I feel a lot better today and I have an appointment with the hospital next week.
I just hope that can find out what is wrong.
Maywalk

Postby Lacemaker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:36 pm

I hope they can find out very quickly, Maisie. :grouphug:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby mo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am

Such a worry for you and hubby Maisie. I do so hope things will get sorted out and medication will be the answer to your blackouts.

I am knitting for our sixth great grandson who is due Christmas time.
mo

Postby Anya » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:56 am

Mo - any pics of the little garments? :magnify:

All the wool shops disappeared from this area, a few years ago, apart from one very expensive one. Then they began creeping back and there are three now, really nice shops, with a good range, including pure wool and wool mixes.

Corrie - have you tried getting wool by mail order? They usually provide samples.
Anya

Postby Corrie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Anya

I got a very good link from Maisie but sadly they won't deliver to France like lots of others. We're in the UK for a few days later this month so if time allows I'll have a look for some. A friend with a holiday home here also offered to bring some over for me when she saw me knitting, she's kind enough to bring us some English essentials (good sausage, bacon !!! ) which we can't get here but I thought it a liberty to ask for wool too, however, she's assured me its not a problem so that will be great for the future.
Corrie

Postby rocky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:42 pm

[font=Tahoma]You folks are so good at knitting, I'm ashamed to admit how little I've ever done ... a few lacy sweaters, a few thick ponchos for winter wear, some rebozos -- all the above as gifts ... and a mohair sweater that I started for myself and never did finish.[/font] :oops:
rocky

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 pm

I get my wool from Age Concern, they do a great selection now. Between £1.30 and £1.75 per 130g. depending on ply. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby mo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

I buy mine from E.bay. Brand new and very reasonable especially for little garments, as folk tend to have a few balls over and sell them cheaply on E.Bay.
I bought 3 100grm double blue baby wool for £2.95, that included the p and packing price.
mo

Postby Anya » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:47 am

Corrie - which bit of France is that? My family was expat when I were a kiddy, we lived in France, Italy, Austria ... and a few other places.

Mo - I have always been wary of paypal problems. Both my sons are keen on eBay and occasionally they have bought and sold items for me.

I tend to use the local classifieds, which are online and free.
Anya

Previous

Return to Anything Goes