Watchdog

Except Personal Attacks

Watchdog

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Did anyone see Watchdog last night on TV concerning car insurances?
I am NOT a car driver but the rest of my family are.

I think its disgraceful to think that folks who HAVE all their car insurance
details up to date are being shown up on the database as NOT having any insurance.
This is because the insurance companies have been lax in updating any records and its putting the honest car owner a risk of not only being fined for supposedly NOT having his/her car insured but also getting their car impounded through the slipshod way the insurances are dealing with their data.
Read here ...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/201 ... unded.html

The programme did say that if you want to check the details of your own car you can go to this website to make sure its all up to date.

www.askmid.com
Maywalk

Postby Corrie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I did'nt see it (Anne Robinson flies my kidreys on that show) so hav'nt watched it since she appeared on it. I worked many years in car insurance but of course prior to my retirement the police had to call us to check on a suspect driver. Why oh why oh why does'nt the UK adopt the system we have here in France. You get your insurance and have to display it in the bottom right hand corner of your windscreen, and right next to it you have to display a sticker showing when your MOT is due too.
Corrie

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Got to agree with you about Anne Robinson Corrie I cant stand her either but I do like to watch that programme so I put up with her. :dunno:
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:54 pm

I didn't see that bit though I do usually watch it - despite Anne Robinson :rolleye11:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes I saw it and I think it a disgrace that such time elapsed before details were brought up to date. What happens if you check the website and the details are still not up to date. Shocking state. Penny :evil:
Penny

Postby mazzy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:47 am

The French system sounds great Corrie - then Mot, Insurance and Road Tax can all be checked at the same time.
mazzy

Postby Corrie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Its a far better way Mazzy, so simple, no time wasting at the roadside for the police to check it out. If your stickers are not on the screen the gendarmes will have you.
Corrie

Postby rocky » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Corrie wrote:Its a far better way Mazzy, so simple, no time wasting at the roadside for the police to check it out. If your stickers are not on the screen the gendarmes will have you.

[font=Tahoma]That's the way it is here in Texas as well. Renewal sticker and you must show proof of insurance in order to get it. Then there's the inspection sticker ( to be sure all systems are "go" ) for which you must show, once again, the proof of insurance. Two stickers prominently displayed in the lower left corner of the front windshield.[/font]
rocky

Return to Anything Goes