What a tata.

Except Personal Attacks

What a tata.

Postby Maywalk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 am

I have had a throwover on my bed and apart from it making us too hot at night I have also caught my foot in it at least three times nearly falling a**e over tip as I go round the bed to get to the window so I decided to go back to the fitted bedspread.
I bought a Vantona one last week like the picture below and decided that I would get the iron run over it and put it on this morning.
OH BOY!!!!!! Have you ever tried to iron the frill out on one of these.???????????
Anyway I did it after a struggle and managed to get it on the bed. Hubby came in and admired it and said it looks a bit creased on the top.
I felt like creasing his b****y top after the struggle I had had trying to get the frill ironed.
Anyway I told him that would be no problem because I have already thought about that and was going to iron it while on the bed.
Its turned out lovely and I am mighty pleased with myself although I feel k*******d.
I know bedspreads are not popular nowadays but I feel better knowing that at least I can walk round my bed without tripping up because our bedroom is quite small.
I am off now to iron the shams and the curtains I bought to go with it.
NO I am not putting the curtains up myself I will ask the cleaner to do it for me tomorrow.

Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 am

That looks so pretty maisie ... Country cottagy.

I have a throw on my bed too and sometimes I've tripped over it.
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

Yes throwovers look nice Carol but when you get to my age they can be a ruddy nuisance when tripping over them.

I DONT like duvets because I find them too heavy on my legs.
Oh Gawd!!!!!!! this growing old business isnt all its cracked up to be. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby drogo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 am

Maywalk wrote:Oh Gawd!!!!!!! this growing old business isnt all its cracked up to be. :mrgreen:

But like I always say, it's better than the alternative.
drogo

Postby Corrie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:23 am

That does look so pretty Maisie and I know what you mean about ironing out frills! I'd rather iron 20 shirts as one kingsize duvet cover.
Corrie

Postby Rowan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:27 pm

It does look pretty Maisie
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:02 am

Maisie, it looks really pretty.

Wot's ironing?
Anya

Postby Maywalk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 am

Well it didnt do me any good doing that ironing of the bedspread frill because I think I over did it.

I had two funny turns yesterday and felt shattered so had to take it easy for the rest of the day.

I dont feel too bad this morning but with all the trouble I have had just of late and finishing up in hospital each time plus having one of these inserted I just hope they can pinpoint what is going amiss.
http://www.hrsonline.org/patientinfo/sy ... precorder/

Have a nice day everyone.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 am

Anya wrote:Wot's ironing?

You beat me to it Anya! I know we've got an iron somewhere , but........
You be careful Frolique! And yes , it does look pretty.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby mo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Maisie that is soo pretty.
I also am sick of bedspreads and duvets. This is my answer, as like you we have a narrow bedroom.
When next you wash it, put two capfuls of concentrated Lenor or Comfort in the rinsing water, then there will be no need to iron any of it.
mo

Postby Corrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Maywalk wrote:Well it didnt do me any good doing that ironing of the bedspread frill because I think I over did it.

I had two funny turns yesterday and felt shattered so had to take it easy for the rest of the day.

I dont feel too bad this morning but with all the trouble I have had just of late and finishing up in hospital each time plus having one of these inserted I just hope they can pinpoint what is going amiss.
http://www.hrsonline.org/patientinfo/sy ... precorder/

Have a nice day everyone.

I knew it! I just had a feeling in my water! You must learn to take it easier Maisie!
Corrie

Postby rocky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm

[font=Tahoma]It does look pretty.

Maisie, please be careful.

Mo, I'd just heard that suggestion from someone else. This is something I must ( must ) try!

Michael, my iron sits in a closet until the "must irons" on the hanger over the closet door get so crowded I can't get anything more on the hanger.[/font]
:oops:
rocky

Postby Maywalk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks for that tip Mo.
I dont use that sort of thing as a rule but I will in future for anything like that.

Thanks folks for the concern about me doing too much.
Yes I know that I should calm down now and hubby is forever telling me to.
I am getting better. I am a late learner. :mrgreen:
I dont dust and hoover every day now. In fact I have a cleaner once a week to do my floors. She has even put curtains up for me today.
Maywalk

Postby mo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Good for you Maisie. You deserve a well earned rest.
mo

Postby Anya » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 am

Yes, Maisie, got to take it gently, let's hope the answer will be found very very soon.

You head of Mary Queen of Shops? I am Anya, Queen of the Drip-Dries. Even pure cotton, on a low spin and hanged immediately, comes out creaseless. That's my excuse, anyroad and I'm sticking to it.
Anya

Next

Return to Anything Goes