Young dancers

Except Personal Attacks

Young dancers

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Wonder why so many young dancers , dance like robots. Makes me curl up when I see them. Watched Cliff Richard's last night and he did the same. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Corrie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Makes me wonder a few things the young do differently! On one of our favourite quizzes today was a lad who in every way looked like a lad but who likes wearing blue high heels! And don't start me on about their hairstyles! Nor their shirts! A well-creased shirt is the 'in' thing apparently. And jeans? Your more cool in more ways than one to wear 'em with slashed frays all up the legs, there's more holes than denim! And purple black lipstick? I'd better shut up :rolleye11:
Corrie

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm

I agree with all you say corrie, I wonder too. How on earth people can wear something with a big tear across, beats me. cheers Penny :groaner:
Penny

Re: Young dancers

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Penny wrote: Watched Cliff Richard's last night and he did the same. cheers Penny

He is a robot (batteries not included).
Victors Mate

Postby Anya » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:00 am

I remember my dad being horrified by 'young people', their fashions, language, music and customs. It all looks quite tame now, looking back?

Will it all look quite tame to the youf of today, when they look back, compared to what their own children and grandchildren will be doing?
Anya

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 pm

You could put a tenner on it!! :twisted:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Anya wrote:I remember my dad being horrified by 'young people', their fashions, language, music and customs. It all looks quite tame now, looking back?

Will it all look quite tame to the youf of today, when they look back, compared to what their own children and grandchildren will be doing?

Anya. I agree so much with you. We all must have had some weird way of dressing according to our parents.
I remember Dorrie and I wearing stockings with flowers all up one side and our dad laughingly saying that we looked like a couple of prostitutes. Ha ha.
mo

Postby rocky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 pm

[font=Tahoma]Oh, dear ... yes, my jeans, men's white shirt, dirty ( emphasize dirty ) saddle shoes and pony tail were the norm for girls. Poodle skirt and angora sweater with ballet flats for "dress" ... parents didn't mind the "dress" attire.

The boys had jeans and t-shirts for everyday playing around, but button-down shirts and khakis for school and/or dress. And no "duck tails" except for the "hoods".

Shades of "Grease" ...[/font]
:groaner:
rocky

Return to Anything Goes