For the first time we are eating out on Christmas Day.

Except Personal Attacks

Postby mazzy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 am

Bless her - really good to hear that things are better for Amelie.
mazzy

Postby dejavou » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 am

Great news Mo ....... that's what we all need a large injection of GOOD news :mrgreen:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby mo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Thank you all for your kind words.
mo

Postby Dragon Lady » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:11 pm

I have a puffy face now which the oncologist tells me is due to steroids, but I finish the chemo in November so I hope that will be the end of them. I will ask her.

We have eaten at home (YG's house) for the past couple of years mainly because our favourite resturant has sailed away. Yes, really! The Sunborne Yacht Hotel which was moored in Victoria Docks. Very nice. Good food and service and gleaming brass everywhere.

The next Christmas we made the mistake of all time by booking with a Hilton. There was no table service, just a carvery. Bog standard canteen food! Worse still were the little kids who were racing around between all the tables letting off party poppers and screaming at the tops of their voices.

It was when I saw a party popper go screaming overhead, narrowly missing YG who fortunately ducked, and I saw the look on his face that I could see the funny side and I was splitting my sides.

DON'T GO THERE, FOLKS!

Our last Christmas Day was spent at the Tower Hotel right beside Tower Bridge. This one I can thoroughly recommend. The food was excellent and a nice ambience and although a carvery again, I really enjoyed it (followed by a wander around on the tow
path taking photos).

This year, again we will be at home and then the family will pop over on Boxing day for a family lunch. It should be a busy 2 days, but we share the work. I do the cooking and YG does the washing up!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Rowan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Steroids are hell I look like the michelin man nowadays since I am on them most of the time. Apparently its typical to have a "moon face" while on them.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:33 am

Never liked eating out on Xmas Day. Both my sons like their own Xmas, then come to me on Boxing Day and their various outlaws the next day. Or the other way around.

Xmas Day I have spent with the same friends, for years, if the weather is nice we walk on the beach in the morning, then come back here and cook the meal between us. Everyone brings something to share. By consensus we gave up turkey, years ago, although I still cook a small breast of turkey, because it is traditional.
Anya

Previous

Return to Anything Goes