X Factor - your favourite.

Except Personal Attacks

Postby mo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am

How sad.
mo

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:04 pm

I thought Wagner was awful tonight... I'm praying he'll be the one to go.

Enough is enough!! :groaner:
caroljoyce

Postby dejavou » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:31 am

caroljoyce wrote:I thought Wagner was awful tonight... I'm praying he'll be the one to go.

Enough is enough!! :groaner:

Thats putting it mildly :tantrum2:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby mo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:40 am

He's one big joke and he must go tonight but I bet he doesn't.
He already has the fame and I'm sure he will get plenty of bookings just like Jedward has.
I was a little disapointed with some of the songs chosen last night, I even thought Matt didn't sing his best. Rebecca was as always on top form and Cher was also very good.
mo

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:29 am

I was disappointed nobody sang 'Daniel' it's my favourite Elton John song.

It's in the papers today that Matt's a sex addict (7 times a day) and still cheats on his girlfriend!! Well I haven't read it personally but they were discussing 'What's in the papers' when I turned the TV on in bed this morning... Will that harm or enhance his reputation I wonder?
caroljoyce

Postby Corrie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

I had read before that Elton's Yellow Brick Road was one of the most difficult songs to sing but I think Matt did it justice (not as good as last week's though!). Rebecca's version of Candle in the Wind was brilliant. I still think its those 2 to fight it out for the final. CJ - I read that Matt finished with his girlfriend because he was told any fans which he was about to have would like him better without a girl at his side and that he's concentrating on his singing career 100%. Papers eh? If Wagner is voted in tonight I'm going to eat the remote! I might not be back!!
Corrie

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Corrie wrote: If Wagner is voted in tonight I'm going to eat the remote! I might not be back!!

Now you're going to have to eat your words.lol
Wagner is through again .... Oh, I was so mad I felt like throwing something at the TV!! :tantrum2:
caroljoyce

Postby Corrie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Shocking .... the remote did'nt taste too good either! I did'nt like Aiden either so glad he's gone, he thought he was way better than he actually was. I'd have been more pleased if all 3 of them had gone, Wagner, Katie and Aiden. Still Matt or Rebecca for the final.
Corrie

Postby mo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:35 am

Definately Matt or Rebbecca to win.
Sher could of course surprise us and win.
sometimes I wonder if it's a fix that Wagner is still in the running, just to keep the viewers watching. The same was done with Jedward and of course Ann Widdicombe.
Makes one think.
mo

Postby drogo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

mo wrote:sometimes I wonder if it's a fix that Wagner is still in the running, just to keep the viewers watching. The same was done with Jedward and of course Ann Widdicombe.
Makes one think.

No it's not a fix in the sense that the votes are miscounted.

But viewers votes are influenced by choice of song, the routines, costumes, and the judges' (particularly Simon Cowell's) comments.

Many people vote not on singing ability but on entertainment value, e.g Wagner is better television than Aiden. The same is true with Strictly - the audience want to see Ann Widdicombe so they vote to keep her in. The only people who lose out are those who take the programmes seriously, who think X Factor is a singing contest, and who think Strictly is a dancing contest. They are not, they are popularity contests!
drogo

Postby Corrie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm

[quote="drogo" e.g Wagner is better television than Aiden. [/quote]

Oooh no he's not I'd rather watch paint drying and listen for the bubbles smoothing out.
Corrie

Postby drogo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Corrie wrote:
drogo wrote: e.g Wagner is better television than Aiden.

Oooh no he's not I'd rather watch paint drying and listen for the bubbles smoothing out.

The public (those who voted) preferred Wagner to Aiden. End of story.
drogo

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm

drogo wrote:The only people who lose out are those who take the programmes seriously, who think X Factor is a singing contest, and who think Strictly is a dancing contest. They are not, they are popularity contests!

They are the opium of the masses.
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 pm

I saw both for the first time, being in hospital and the majority in the room wanted them. I quite enjoyed seeing the dancing but the x factor was terrible - they were all awful and who the devil made these people judges? It did nothing to change my mind about them but obviously they are popular which is why they are on.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Did you notice on the stage tonight, at the start of the show when all the X factor finalists were singing the new single in aid of the charity 'Help for the heroes'.... Wagner wasn't there!... I said to Tony 'If Wagner sings it will spoil the record' .... Thank goodness he didn't!

But he's through again .... Grrrrrrrrrrrr :groaner:
caroljoyce

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes