Did you get many trick or treats?

Except Personal Attacks

Did you get many trick or treats?

Postby mo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:37 pm

I had to take my child friendly halloween poster down after giving 11 bags of sweeties away to the little horrors. Love em really but ran out of treats. :hide:

Our youngest daughter Lisa with little Amelie taken this evening before going out to do trick or treat. It looks like her dolly has died. Ha Ha

mo

Postby Rowan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Oooh scarey!! I made up 28 little bags of sweets and apples for the guisers but only had three!! Even the kids across the road didn't come round and they usually do. I'm quite disappointed, I like seeing the wee ones all dressed up.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mazzy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:39 am

Didn't have any....so I'm going to have to eat all the sweeties myself!
mazzy

Postby Vince » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 am

mazzy wrote:Didn't have any....so I'm going to have to eat all the sweeties myself!

What a shame I'll help you with that task........................... now were was it you said you lived !!. :dance:
Vince

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am

We've never ever had any trick or treaters at our door , not because we're unfriendly but because the back door of our house is hard to get to. I don't know whether to be pleased or not ... we never get carol singers either for the same reason .... they just can't find us!
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 pm

None what-so-ever. Think I have only seen trick or treat children in this village about once in 30 odd years. It is dark and remote, I would not want children of mine out in these dark lanes unless I was wth them. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Rowan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm

The mums are with the littler ones Penny and the bigger ones all go together.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Children in ours and neighbouring areas only knock on doors that have a pumpkin or anything placed outside or on their windows that represent Halloween. This is to let the children know that it is okay to knock on those doors.
A great idea as they then can avoid the old folk or those that aren't happy at being threatened with a trick if they aren't prepared to give them a treat.
I put a big picture of a pumpkin in my window and when all the sweets had gone I took it off and didn't get one single soul knocking on the door.

Parents are always with their children, usually waiting at the bottom of the driveway.
mo

Return to Anything Goes