Someone asked About Shavers

Except Personal Attacks

Someone asked About Shavers

Postby Vince » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

I've use an electric shaver for thirty years - possibly longer, but would have liked to use a wet shave for as many years " BUT' I have moles on my face within my direct shaving line, "none active" and this could constantly caused problems 'No I don't have a Joan Crawford one" and the Grandchildren have said don't have them removed PLEASE as you will no longer look lovely.

When we were first married in 1958 at twenty one my wife bought me a super duper Remington, after that I joined the forces and under consistent order had a wet shave slashing my face all over the place,
After leaving the forces I got back to my old Remington and our wife enjoyed the cuddle ups as my wife had a sensitive skin,

Cutting a very long story short I am now using a Braun Shaver and would continue to use them for the rest of my days, as I've found them to be good and reliable.

It will however take a bit of time for your hubby to get use to an electric shave two to three weeks, because, within our twilight years you will be only only able to use them in various past of there body if required
Vince

Postby dejavou » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Mine has used an electric shaver ever since he caught me sharpening the cut throat one
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That brightened my day Deja.

Got admit though Vince my hubby would NEVER go back to a wet razor.
He too uses a Braun and would not want any other make if that goes wrong.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:03 am

Davy has electric shavers but he prefers the wet shave. He reckons no electric shavers gives a good close shave.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:17 am

Bill has got an electric Braun shaver but I was wondering if the three round heads are best and was thinking of getting him one for Christmas.
mo

Postby Young Goat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:14 am

Rowan wrote:Davy has electric shavers but he prefers the wet shave. He reckons no electric shavers gives a good close shave.

Using a wet razor makes the face hard and dry as it scrapes off a small part of the skin as it shaves. It's akin to to causing a callous all over the shaved area !

When a man changes from a wet razor shave to an electric razor he needs to allow time for the skin to soften and return to its original state (and this may take a while) before he can expect a good shave.

My experience is that to get the very best shave from an electric razor one should shave in the normal way, then about fifteen minures later go over the face with the razor again.
I don't know why this is, I just found it out by accident when, having found a couple of stray hairs I had missed on the first shaving I gave it another quick once-over
Young Goat

Return to Anything Goes