Vick and it's uses....

Except Personal Attacks

Vick and it's uses....

Postby Jann » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

VICKS Vapor Rub - INTERESTING

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils.

Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo Rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between.

But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo Rub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly

Just happened to tune in A.M.. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them This method of using Vicks VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time.

In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

I tried it on myself when I had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%!

It felt like a warm blanket had enveloped me and coughing stopped in a few minutes.

So I went from every few seconds uncontrollable coughing to sleeping cough-free for hours every night I used it.

If you have grandchildren, or you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.

DON'T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD.

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN LOSE IS YOUR COUGH..
Jann

Postby drogo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:59 am

drogo

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Very interesting, have passed it to a friend who has a bad cough at the moment. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Rowan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:33 pm

If it works, it works. Sometimes it is because people believe that it works that it then works for them.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Corrie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Rowan wrote:If it works, it works. Sometimes it is because people believe that it works that it then works for them.

Agree totally with that.
Corrie

Postby dejavou » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:12 pm

And if it don't work, there's nothing lost
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby rocky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm

dejavou wrote:And if it don't work, there's nothing lost

[font=Tahoma]Exactly!

And it's certainly worth a try, isn't it? [/font]
rocky

Postby Rowan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Sure is.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Shutterfrog » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 am

I have used it for myself and Mom and we are firm believers. I hate coughing during the night.
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Jann » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 am

I tried it last night,must say it gave me a warm feeling and was off to sleep in no time,so yes although I can remember coughing a little it wasn't as bad as it normally is when the temperature drops in the bedroom,worth a try I think. :grouphug:
Jann

Postby Anya » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am

Strangest remedy I ever tried, in my teens, I had a major exam the next day and I developed a really terrible sore throat.

My dad said his granny used to make a paste with laundry starch, mixed with drops of vinegar, on an old scarf, to wrap round the neck, overnight.

I had nothing to lose so I tired and when I woke up, the sore throat was gone.

If plastering feet with Vick (nice man) helps, then where's the problem? If it does no good, it will do no harm.
Anya

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 am

Its an old remedy but still worth trying before paying out money for stuff that is neither use nor ornament.
There is only one problem in my own case. I cant lift my legs up to rub the soles of my feet, especially the right one because of the pin in the hip and leg which was inserted when I broke my hip some time ago.

Its no good asking hubby to rub my soles with it because he has such sensitive skin he will start scratching after using anything like that. :roll:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

Well worth trying.
caroljoyce

Postby dejavou » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Get a loofah Maisie :rolleye11:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I can remember, as a child, having it rubbed on my chest after a hot bath. I recall snuggling down in bed afterwards with a rosy glow and very quickly drifting off to sleep.

Of recent years, I have used Vicks First Defence. You squirt it up your nose the minute you feel a cold coming on. It certainly worked for me.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Anything Goes