Bed talk.

Except Personal Attacks

Bed talk.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 am

I mean duvets! :mrgreen:

I'm probably the only one on here who doesn't have a duvet on the bed. It's sheets and blankets in my house.
I tried it with a duvet.... I thought of everything. I bought two that joined together. 4 tog for summer. 9 tog for autumn... and join them together with velcro to make a winter weight one. I loved it but Tony didn't. Even with the 4 tog one he got too hot, then he'd throw it off him and be cold. He likes blankets so he can peel one off at a time and still be covered.
Anyway I made him stick it for a fortnight but he really was driving me mad with his moaning ... I had to go back to sheets and blankets.

Anybody else admit to being a duvet hater?
caroljoyce

Postby Jann » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 am

I/we wouldn't go back to sheets Carol..all that washing of sheets and blankets??.

I only wish we had been able to have duvets when my children were at home...four beds to change every week,plus all the making of them every day,no not for me. :sorry:
Jann

Postby Vince » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:39 pm

I would never go back to blankets, We use Goose down Quilt which keep us both lovely and warm, I feel it's a little bit cleaner than those fluffy blankets.
Vince

Postby rocky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 pm

[font=Tahoma]Okay, I have a question ... when I was in Norway we had a duvet, actually heavy blanket with removable cover, and at another location a comforter with duvet cover. I understand the cover as surely one wouldn't use the duvet for the winter months without a cover that could be washed.

No top sheet either location.

I have bottom and top sheets. Comforter with a cover which is a real bummer to put on ( Queen size comforter and cover -- I do a fair amount of spouting of expletives changing the cover ). Cover gets removed once a month. Sheets, top and bottom, get removed/changed weekly.

It would seem easier to change sheets weekly than it would to be changing the duvet cover.

What am I missing? [/font]
rocky

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 pm

I don't know Rocky. As I said in my post I don't use a duvet but I have a friend who does and she always puts a sheet under the duvet cover. As you said, it's much easier to change a sheet ... I suppose it's a matter of choice.
caroljoyce

Postby Tiddles » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:14 pm

rocky wrote:
I have bottom and top sheets. Comforter with a cover which is a real bummer to put on ( Queen size comforter and cover -- I do a fair amount of spouting of expletives changing the cover ).

I wash/change my duvet cover once a week Try turning them inside out.

See the video

How to change a duvet cover
Tiddles

Postby Anya » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 am

Is he practising for Halloween?

I have a very easy method for changing duvet covers.

Grab top corner of duvet, feed into cover, until top corner meets top corner.
Do the same with the other top corners.
Pull cover along length of duvet and fit bottom corner to corner, on one side.
Fit bottom corner to corner, on the other side.
Shake duvet well.
Anya

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 am

Anya wrote:Is he practising for Halloween?

I have a very easy method for changing duvet covers.

Grab top corner of duvet, feed into cover, until top corner meets top corner.
Do the same with the other top corners.
Pull cover along length of duvet and fit bottom corner to corner, on one side.
Fit bottom corner to corner, on the other side.
Shake duvet well.

Place in a moderate oven under thoroughly cooked through and tender, serve immediately.
Victors Mate

Postby rocky » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Tiddles wrote:I wash/change my duvet cover once a week Try turning them inside out.
See the video
How to change a duvet cover

I notice the fellow has a wine rack ... methinks he has been imbibing :roflmao:
rocky

Postby Corrie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Gawd! I've never seen such a more difficult way in my life!!!!

I simply turn my cover inside out and put both hands inside till I reach the top 2 corners, next whilst holding these corners I grab the 2 corners of the duvet, pick the whole lot up and shake the duvet in, the cover turns itself the right way too..... takes me less than a minute.
Corrie

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 pm

When I was staying in Brunswick with the cadets, many years ago, we all had a duvet but you had to climb into a white cotton shroud affair before sleeping under it. I suppose it was easier for the youth hostel to whip them away and launder them and saved all that fighting with duvet covers.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Anything Goes