Full Moon.

Except Personal Attacks

Full Moon.

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 am

I was watching a police programme last night and one of the coppers said that there was always more crime to contend with when there is a full moon.
It reminded me of my mother because she always used to say that my father went into moods when there was a full moon.
I have a cyber friend in OZ who lost her husband at the beginning of the year and she also said her hubby used to go into moods when the moon was full.
Anyone else heard of this? OR do you know anyone who is affected this way?
Maywalk

Postby Corrie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

I worked in insurance Maisie and I do know that burglars are happier when there is a full moon as they deem themselves to be at a lesser risk of being detected through not using a torch. Also heard the saying about the moods and full moon, thankfully, I don't have to live with that threat!! :mrgreen:
Corrie

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:17 pm

When there is a full moon the chap who lives over the river from the mill climbs out on his roof and bays at it. :hide:
Victors Mate

Postby drogo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I used to wonder why, once a month, it took me such a long time to shave.
drogo

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Its surprising how many folks that I know personally who have said that one of their family has mood swings around the times of a full moon.
They cant all be imaging it. :dunno:
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 pm

I think there may well be something in it. The seas are affected by the moon so why not us and the other animals.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Rowan wrote:I think there may well be something in it. The seas are affected by the moon so why not us and the other animals.

especially if you are an owl and a pussy cat and there is a pea green boat handy
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 am

Funny you should say that............... :cheeky4:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mazzy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:38 am

It isn't that funny when you are living with someone who is affected in this way.

My first husband was quite a nice chap really, but he was a different person at full moon.
He was arrested for breaking in to property, he would disappear for a few days, was cruel., I could go on ....all tied in with full moon.

His mother was manic depressive and his brother schizophrenic. It took some time to realise that the moon was affecting him. The GP said he thought there was a link between some forms of mental illness and tried various forms of medication, but I think he actually enjoyed being his alter ego.........note, I say ex-husband
mazzy

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 am

Thankyou for that Mazzy because it proves that the full moon CAN affect some folks. I had a taste of it with my own father so I know there is some truth in it.
Maywalk

Postby drogo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 am

Originally a lunatic was someone whose behaviour was affected by phases of the moon.
drogo

Return to Anything Goes