Loud music.

Except Personal Attacks

Loud music.

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 am

We had a family birthday celebration on friday. My son was 40, and all week his fiance and I had been dashing round organising a surprise party for him. When the night came it all worked out fine for the younger ones but for me and Tony it was bloody agony sitting there listening to this loud disco music and having to shout to have a conversation ... I absolutely hated it. When they called to see us yesterday I nealy fell out with Paula (fiance) the loud music was her doing. 'Oh well the noise didn't bother me' she said...and son said he liked it ... so I shut up.... I wouldn't have minded so much if there had been a bit of oldie stuff mixed in ...but in spite of a mixed age group being present it was all modern stuff.. I'm so glad it's over.

Can you stand loud music?
caroljoyce

Postby Anya » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 am

Carol - I hate ALL loud music, whether modern or ancient. For years it has been accepted that young people become deaf, due to the loud music at discos and concerts but nothing is done.

I went to a concert, for charity, in a small theatre, brass band and various 'turns'. Would have been enjoyable but the sound system was turned up, so high, that all dogs in the vicinity ran away and were never seen again.
Anya

Postby Rowan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:24 am

I hate loud music when it is being played by neighbours - not too keen on it at dancves and parties either. They should have had mixed music for a mixed gatyhering. Bliddy kids!! :dunno:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mazzy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 am

Can't stand it - I organise a few socials each year, and I always make clear to the band or DJ that music should be played loud enough to hear but not so loud that we can't have a conversation.

I don't think we had this thing about loud music when we were young, did we?

I don't know how they stand it so loud in cars either!
mazzy

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:08 am

Some music but not very much needs to be loud for instance the 1812.
Victors Mate

Postby mo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:31 pm

I regularly go to clubs where our youngest daughter and her fiance sing as a duo and they always have the music quite loud. I'm getting used to it now but at first it almost deafened me.
mo

Postby Dragon Lady » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Oh yes, the 1812 is a good one when played loudly, VM. Many years ago, I had troublesome neighbours and they came back once in the early hours and woke me up so, as I had to be up at 6.30 every morning, when I got up, I set the speakers in front of the open living room door and got my own back by giving it to them full blast! :mrgreen: They never mentioned it!

I cannot stand loud music. As others have said, its awful when you are unable to have a conversation above it and loud music in cars makes me cross as well. Surely people could just turn it off when they get onto the housing estates?

My ears, when I had the motorbike, helped me in knowing what was going on around me if I was not in a position to do a rear observation.
Surely car drivers should need to listen too!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Rowan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Definitely the 1812 for loudness - I used to dance all over the house and leap on the furniture to that one - not doing much of that these days though!! :rolleye11:

Add Bolero to that too.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 am

Oh, I thought I was the only one who danced around and leapt on furniture, to the sound of music.

Not the 1812, though. I used to conduct that one.
Anya

Postby mazzy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am

I have the soundtrack from the original Clockwork Orange - I used to play it when I was angry or upset - much too loud probably!

Pleased to say I haven't played it for over 25 years!
mazzy

Return to Anything Goes