Do you buy your OH a present?

Except Personal Attacks

Do you buy your OH a present?

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 am

Tony never want's anything for Christmas. He's the least materialistic person I know. Having a shop that sells shirts, ties, jumpers etc means I can't get him anything like that... he just helps himself as and when he needs anything. Unless he needs a new watch or shaver he doesn't get anything!!
On the other hand he always gets me something. This year I've had it early ...it's a pair of new walking boots.

Have any of you had any early prezzies from family or anybody.... and do/did you buy for your partner/spouse?
caroljoyce

Re: Do you buy your OH a present?

Postby drogo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 pm

caroljoyce wrote:Have any of you had any early prezzies from family or anybody

No

caroljoyce wrote: . . . and do/did you buy for your partner/spouse?

YES!
drogo

Postby Vince » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 pm

After fifty one wonderful years of marriage we've both run out of ideas, so we help ourselves when we want anything.
Vince

Postby Victors Mate » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 pm

No I can't but I do make a Christmas donation to Leukaemia research in Gina's memory.
Victors Mate

Postby Jann » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 pm

We never have,old habits die hard as when we were first married with three children we hardly had money for them never mind ourselves,so as the years passed we decided that we as a couple have plenty throughout the year,after all Christmas is for children I reckon a lot of folk forget that !!!
Jann

Postby Rowan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Davy is the least materialistic person I know - needs nothing, wants nothing but frets away until he's got me something!! I know he is a gadget person so I always manage to get something for him but truth is neither of us need anything really. I spend a fortune on the children though and he is just as bad!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Our Christmas presents tended to be biggies! The CD player from me to him one year, the lathe for his wood-turning another year. From him to me, a Winter coat one year, a new turntable another year..............

But neither of us ever forgot Christmas is for children, even the very mature ones!

Charlie does rather well for presents and when I buy them, I tend to think of what Grandad would have liked to choose for him.
Choosing alone is a shame.
Viv
vannin

Postby mo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:32 am

We used to buy for each other but now we seem to get what we both want through the year. This year I've had a new computer and a new lap top.
mo

Postby Anya » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:23 am

The young couples in the family, with babies and mortgages, found Xmas overwhelming and asked if we could ban gifts among the adults. It's great !! Takes all the pressure away. Except the children get an entire toyshop, each.

Partners can exchange gifts if they want and we have Secret Santa, just for something to open after the meal. Supposed to be something funny, or something that we make, or if bought, strict limit of five pounds.

What I do is give my sons some large gifts during the year (mother's prerogative), Something they really need or the whole family can enjoy. One gift was the annual subscription to an adventure park near here. For the other son an SDL drill, they are doing up their big old house.
Anya

Postby mazzy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 am

I never have been that into lots of Christmas presents. Now the family are scattered it is just Amazon vouchers for the grown ups, and money to go in the grand kids bank accounts.

Like Mo we tend to buy things as we need/want them, so this year we are not even buying token presents.

We have agreed a nice smile and kiss on Christmas morning will more than suffice.
Strangely though, we will still buy each other a card :dunno:
mazzy

Postby mo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:46 pm

If I had my way I would only send to those that I don't see often.
Having said that I have made loads of personal photo cards in the past and sold on E.Bay
mo

Return to Anything Goes