Ball Dyson.

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Anya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:53 am

Do I use the 'ooooooovers? Good heavens, yes !!!!

The Vax is excellent for the areas where I go in and out of the garden and tread mud all over the place.

The Kirby is light as a feather, I can push it with one finger and has tremendous suction on carpets and soft furniture. The tools have a very long reach, for ceilings, walls, curtains, etc.
Anya

Postby mazzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:41 am

I think the kirby I had must have been an industrial one - it was so heavy that I couldn't take it upstairs, and the palaver to put the tools on...I ended up with skinned knuckles so many times
mazzy

Postby DaisyB » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 am

When I used to housesit for a friend I was supposed to use her Kirby but it was so heavy that Dave used to bring my vacuum from home up for me to use.
DaisyB

Postby Rowan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:20 am

They certainly were very heavy - they have probably been making them lighter or they just wouldn't sell.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Vince » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 am

While were on the subject ladies, can anyone suggest a a small hand held cleaner for car interiors, that's got a bit of power.
Vince

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 am

Vince wrote:While were on the subject ladies, can anyone suggest a a small hand held cleaner for car interiors, that's got a bit of power.

I used to clean my car interior with my ordinary vac attachments but what a performance getting the extension cable out etc.... and even then it didn't clean it really well. Now I buy a vac token from the petrol kiosk when I go shopping. Drive up to the vac and insert the token. You get 4 minutes for a pound and it does the job... good powerful suction ... no messing.
I would recommend doing that rather than messing around at home.
caroljoyce

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Vince wrote:While were on the subject ladies, can anyone suggest a a small hand held cleaner for car interiors, that's got a bit of power.

A four foot lady weight lifter comes to mind.
Victors Mate

Postby Vince » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Thank you very much for being so helpful - two very sound ideas.
Many thanks
Vince,
Vince

Postby Rowan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Not many four foot ladies about though - just me and Deja
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:55 am

And Mrs Kranky :magnify:

I think people either love or hate Kirbies, nothing in between. Often they are bought second-hand, with no instructions and that could be the problem.

It sucks like a black hole, the little foot pedal adjusts for hard floors or carpet, making it very light to push. When picking the machine up from the bottom of the handle, it is so well balanced and hardly any weight, for taking it up and down stairs.
Anya

Previous

Return to Anything Goes