Emergencies.

Except Personal Attacks

Emergencies.

Postby Maywalk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Have you ever been called on in an emergency?
While talking about days gone past this morning with my hubby and neighbour -
who was in with us having a cup of coffee before going to get the Sunday papers- hubby said to me
"Do you remember Maisie having to go to our sister-in-law when she went into labour and
you delivered the baby?"
Her husband - my hubbys brother -knew that his wife was starting in labour but b******d off to work. :evil:

Yes I remembered it well and by the time the midwife had come it was all over bar cutting the cord
which I was prepared to do IF the midwife had not showed up in time.

Its funny how you can get through anything like that but when you have calmed down reaction sets in.
I spent the rest of the day in the ruddy loo. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Maywalk

Postby Corrie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Well done Maisie! Her husband must have been a caveman with a club...was he? Mam delivered a few babies, 2 of them my sister's and I was on hand with the gas and air!
Corrie

Postby Anya » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 am

Maisie, did you find you and the baby you delivered were especially attached? I don't mean by the cord.
Anya

Postby Maywalk » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 am

No I very seldom see her Anya.
I think she went abroad to live.
Never hear from any of the family and her parents are both dead now.
She must be at least 48 now.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Well I remember when my best friend went into labour in my living room - I phoned a taxi and made her sit in a hard chair!!! I was terrified she'd have it there and then! :roflmao:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 am

My last emergency happened a couple of years ago. I was driving very slowly, on a narrow country lane that is a ford, in heavy rain, when two idiots driving Chelsea tractors overtook me, at crazy speeds, chasing one another, swamped my diesel car with water and it went 'phut'.

I was stuck there like a lemon, had forgotten to take me mobile phone (of course), when two teenage lads came by, they asked if I needed help, took their shoes and socks off, rolled up their trousers and pushed me out of harm way. They used their mobile to call my rescue service and would have stayed with me but I told them I was alright. I gave them twenty pounds, they did not want it but I insisted.

Just mentioned it, because we always hear about bad young people but they were truly lovely, kind and helpful. (Car was a write-off).
Anya

Postby Maywalk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 am

Aawww that was lovely of them Anya and it must have been VERY frightening for you being stuck there.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes