Why I haven't been around .

Except Personal Attacks

Why I haven't been around .

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

I am so sorry not to be have around much in the last months.
I don't know if you remember but my husband was very ill with Emphysema.
He went into hospital in August for the usual two weeks, and unfortunately this time he didn't come out.
He died on the 29th September.
Its been a horrible time. Even when you are expecting it to happen sometime you always hope there will be something to help.
Up to now there had been, but not so this time.
Both our daughters and myself were there with him at the end and although it was heart breaking I was so glad that we were.

I can't get used to being by myself though at the moment. I have one daughter that lives close by so if I need anything she is always there to help, but I try not to put on her too much, as she has a family and also works. My other daughter lives about two and a half hours away, but she and her family come every three weeks and stay for a few days, plus she phones me every day.
I have started helping out at a charity shop three mornings a week, they are a lovely bunch there and I do find that talking to other people is helping me.

I know things will get better, but they will never be the same. And if I see one more brown envelope come through the letter box I think I shall scream.
Also now I have no car, as we had a mobility car, so its made me do more walking. I keep getting told its good for me, well yes, I know it is, but in this weather its not nice.

Anyway, sorry to be so morbid but wanted to let you know why I haven't been around.
I live where its booooootiful
Liz

Postby dejavou » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:34 pm

:grouphug: there are no words that will help Liz, but I know all the kind folk on here will be sending you healin thoughts :grouphug:

Take one day at a time
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Liz I am so sorry to hear your news. There are several of us on this forum who have had to trod that lonely path, you have my sympathy. :grouphug:
Victors Mate

Postby clevewyn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:19 pm

So sorry to hear this Liz.

I guess keeping yourself busy is the way to go specially if you have found some good uns to work with.
clevewyn

Postby Maywalk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Aaww Liz.
I am SO very sorry to read about your dear hubby. :sad:

Its good that you are helping out at the charity shop three times a week. At least you will be among folk to help combat the loneliness.

Dont be afraid to call in here and get things off your chest, we are all here to help each other even if it is just by posting a message.

Take care and God Bless.
Maywalk

Postby Lacemaker » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Just take it one day at a time Liz - that is all you can do. My heart goes out to you since as VM has said there are a few of us who have been through what you are going through now. My deepest sincere sympathy. :grouphug:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby rocky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:59 pm

[font=Verdana]VM is right, Liz. It's hard. It never goes away entirely. But it does get better.[/font]
rocky

Postby mo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

So very very sorry to read about your sad news. I do hope one day youwill only have the happy memories to think of and not the sad ones. God bless you.
mo

Postby Rowan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your husband. It's an awful time to go through and only time eases the pain a little. All our thoughts are with you at this time. :grouphug:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Liz.
You do right to work in the charity shop... keep as busy as possible. This advice is from my widowed friend ... She said going back to work saved her sanity. :grouphug:
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Liz, I send you hugs :grouphug:

Viv
vannin

Postby Corrie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:53 pm

So very sad to read your post and deepest condolences to you. Nothing and no-one can take away your memories and in time the nicest one's will help you through.
Corrie

Postby mazzy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:56 am

So very sorry to hear that you have been through such a horrible time.

As some one else said, just take one day at a time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
mazzy

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm

So sorry Liz, dreadful time for you. We can only hope and pray that as time goes om you will find each day a little less painful. Look after yourself. So pleased about the charity helping. Penny
Penny

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes I am trying to go out when I can, and I have even started baking again, something I haven't had the time to do for ages.

I still can't cook myself a meal from scratch though.
I live where its booooootiful
Liz

Next

Return to Anything Goes