Rude Customers

Except Personal Attacks

Rude Customers

Postby Old-n » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:26 pm

For all Who Work With Rude Customers, isn't it a shame WE can't actually do this!

An award should go to the Virgin Airlines desk attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said,
"I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".

The attendant replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear,"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone:"May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

"We have a passenger here at Desk 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Desk 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said,"F... You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, (I love this bit)"I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

:mrgreen:
Old-n

Postby Corrie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Excellent!
Corrie

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

I read this some time ago but it still makes me laugh, cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 pm

I haven't seen it before... Brilliant. :roflmao:
caroljoyce

Postby mo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Love it. :roflmao:
mo

Postby Anya » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 am

Can work both ways. Years ago, there was the Basil Fawlty of all estate agents, in South Devon, dunno if he still there. He would tell people - I would not touch your house and people like you, with a bargepole - and if he did view any property, he would make the rudest and most unpleasant comments about the house, the decor, the children, the car in the drive ...

Yet people flocked to him, like the second coming ???!!!

Could anyone explain that to me? Please?
Anya

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Anya wrote:Yet people flocked to him, like the second coming ???!!!

Could anyone explain that to me? Please?

No! But on the same level I can't trust shaven headed men. I don't mean bald. We have a local real estate agent here who has a shiny top, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy or sell from him. Irrational isn't it?
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Anya » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 am

I have the same problem about men with huge beer guts and long straggly pony tails.
Anya

Return to Anything Goes