Class mates.

Except Personal Attacks

Class mates.

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Do any of you still know any of the kids who were in your class at school? I've lost personal touch with every one except for cyber contact on the friends reunited site.
Tony on the other hand still knows several of his. One is our local councillor, another is the brother of my friend and another is our son's ex father in law.

Maybe some of you have even kept up friendships from school?
caroljoyce

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:13 pm

I've caught up with a few of mine via the internet, but otherwise I've moved around a lot and this makes keeping contact with them difficult. I recently tracked down my goalkeeper from the school team and called on him while we were up north last month. I hadn't seen him for 50 years but apart from the grey hair and wrinkles his mannerisms and sense of humour, even his turn of phrase were exactly as I remember.
I've also got an ex-girlfriend in Darwin, just retired from 'Head Mistressing', another one who'se still teaching, one who worked for the BBC but now sadly gone, killed in a car accident while returning to NZ for her father's 90th birthday. It gets sadder as I go!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby jollyjack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm

When my daughter was 5 weeks old I was walking in our village and I noticed some new people were moving in. I was surprised to see that it was my friend from infant school, I had not seen her for years.
Our daughters have been best friends ever since they went all the way through primary and secondary school and now they have children of their own.
jollyjack

Postby DaisyB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I have contact with lots of them after I organised a year group reunion some years back. I meet up the 6 of them several times a year for a meal
DaisyB

Postby mo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08 am

Dorrie and I are still friends after 62 years with our best school pal. Although she lives in Yorkshire we still manage to visit once a year.
mo

Return to Anything Goes