Pooing Cats .... gggrrrrrrrr

Gardening tips, stories etc.

Pooing Cats .... gggrrrrrrrr

Postby Monika » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 pm

I am utterly sick and tired of the world's cats pooing on our garden every night .

I know that there is little that can be done, well, legally that is, and I've tried most things - ultrasound devices, orange peel, euclayptus spray, scent pellets, lion poo,little sticks (but need too many of them to protect very much.

The main problem is that they are ruining the whole of our veggie garden and it's bad enough when they use the flower beds, but ten times worse where you are trying to grow food.

Yesterday, whilst shopping, I bought eight garlic cloves and a jar of hot chilli peppers in the hope of keeping them off .... trouble is I don't really have an idea of how to use them. I did think that I would mix the chilli powder with some sharp sand and spread it all over, but I'm n ot sure what to do with the garlic.

Has anyone any ideas - and - any more suggestions for keeping them off? I'M REALLY, REALLY, WELL AND TRULY FED UP WITH THIS. :please:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Pooing Cats .... gggrrrrrrrr

Postby Monsy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

*waits for Deja*............
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Re: Pooing Cats .... gggrrrrrrrr

Postby dejavou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Monsy wrote:*waits for Deja*............

Mons is alluding to the fact I also have a problem with marauding cats, even though I have a dog. Monika I've tried all sorts of ways to put them off, including barbed wire on top of my fences, but I think the bliddy things have started wearing wellies, cos they are still getting in.

This year I am going to plant Pyrocanthra all around the fences and at least the birds will love the berries in winter.
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Return to Gardener's Corner