370,000 migrants claiming benefits

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

370,000 migrants claiming benefits

Postby Corrie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -dole.html

"But Chris Bryant, shadow immigration minister, today blamed the Government and said the situation would only get worse due to lax border controls, rising migration and increasing unemployment."

Grrrrrrrrrrr, I saw it on the news and it angers me so much! It was their bliddy lot who opened the floodgates to let them in! This government needs to get a grip on migrants and lazy Brits who won't do the jobs that many of these people will. There's so much to be done to conquer the now complacent idea from these migrants that Britain is the place to be to gain benefits and the fault lies with Blair and his cronies. The organisational chaos of the immigration system was made chaotic by HIS party. The one's who are now British citizens and therefore quite at liberty to claim these benefits now should not have been allowed to become British citizens until they could prove they could support themselves and their families. Any moron found shouting down Britain on any corner should be immediately booted out with no questions. Also any moron who commits a crime should be given the same treatment and their families sent too, if they want to risk their families then let them do so. That would ease the system.
Corrie

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:35 pm

I dread to think what it will be like in this country if something isn't done soon. :dunno:

If we get many more on this island of ours we will bloodywell sink. :huffin:
Maywalk

Re: 370,000 migrants claiming benefits

Postby lavonne » Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

This is what angers so many people .I have a dear friend of 92, he came from Eastern Europe at the end of ww2 & worked/married here, he says quote ,' They should all be sent b****y back to where they came;from. My chiropodist is a lovely black Lady & says that those of them who work for a living & law abiding citizens get a bad name throughthe benefit claimers
lavonne

Postby Corrie » Wed May 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Said it before and will say it many times again. If these people had the same thing happen to them as we had on entering France to reside then the problems would never have occurred. We had to sign a sworn declaration that we would never claim from the state and that we had sufficient funds to live there. Why do these people pass so many other EU countries to get to our's. For one reason only, we're an easy touch. Its just so wrong and it grieves me and my husband.

Just look at this article in a paper today......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -Lane.html

Its an absolute disgrace. Say anything and some do-gooder will come snapping back about their rights. What about our rights? Who gives them the right to enter our country and turn it into a sh*theap?

It would'nt surprise us at all if the next read will be they've moved into one of these £65 million apartments which stand empty.......of course the owners only pay £755 council tax on the same £65 million apartments!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... dress.html

Cameron was going to do this and that, he's one waste of space, Blair opened the gates, he's in clover with his tax stitch-up's he's currently enjoying and what of the rest of us? We're just British on the back-burner and sod us.

I wish more folk would show a bit of backbone in this country I really do.
Corrie

Postby Maywalk » Thu May 17, 2012 7:58 am

I too think that something should be done and VERY quickly because it looks like a takeover bid.
There will soon be more immigrants than English living here. :evil: :evil:
Maywalk

Postby dita » Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 am

Oh! I do so agree with ALL the above, it makes one so fearful of the way things are going.
All the parties are to blame for this through the years.
Putting us all well and truly down the road to extinction thats for sure.
I'm into UKIP nowadays, at least they are a bit on our side.
dita

Postby Monika » Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Like everyone else, I am sick and tired of the mess my country is in.

If you go into Nottingham city centre, "slab-square" and the centres are heaving with the obvious non-indigenous.

Why are they on benefits, I'd like to know? If they are illegal, they surely are not entitled to anything at all and, if they are legally here, why aren't they working?

Anyway - isn't this country supposed to be bankrupt, in a recession, even a double-dip recession at that!

We have no money to give away to people who not only don't belong here but hate us with a vengeance; we keep them in a style they are unaccustomed to in their own country, and still they remain totally ungrateful and make ever more ludicrous demands.

It strikes me that the only backbones you'll find in London these days won't be in Westminster but those of the dinosaurs housed in the Natural History Museum.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Corrie » Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 pm

You could well be right about the dinosaurs! Of course we hav'nt touched on the millions spent on producing leaflets in several languages nor the millions spent on providing interpretors. Watching the programme "Border Control" it bugs the life out of us when these who bury themselves in the bowels of a lorry are called "clandestines". The "clandestines" are brought out, and many is the time there will be 2 whole families buried in the corners of the lorry and then what do Border Control do? They let them go!! Only for them 10 minutes later to try and hop on another lorry. When we drove back to the UK last summer we had one hell of a long journey and passed through beautiful areas of France, but by far our biggest eye-opener was seeing masses of these asylum seekers walking in groups along the road to Calais port. Having reached the port we did'nt visit the loo at the same time, one of us locked ourselves in the car whilst one went to the loo. Why did they want out of France? SIMPLES!!! France gives them nothing! I loved this that I received a couple of weeks ago:

New Telephone Greeting, wouldn't it be amazing, if this caught on all over the country...?

'GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED KINGDOM SOCIAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS OFFICE'
'Press '1' if you speak English.'
'Press ''2'' to disconnect until you can.

Why is so much money still sent abroad in aid when we're spending millions on foreigners in our own country. When one of them disrespects our country and our rules and found to mug, rape, cheat, con (whatever), boot them out immediately, but not only him, boot out the whole family, that should be a lesson to him, and keep on booting them out, why should we pay for his keep in prison? If he wants to spoil his families new found home surroundings then that's his fault. I don't like the fact that my taxes are used to feed the Brit muggers, rapists, murderer's in prison never mind the one's that should'nt even be in the country!
Corrie

Postby Victors Mate » Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 pm

If Evie was here to read this diatribe of bile and hatred should would be disgusted and appalled.
Victors Mate

Postby Corrie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Here we go again............... This is a debating section on politics and news. Its newsworthy whether you like it or not. Evie (sadly) is not here to delete it nor to comment, if Admin wishes to delete it then they can do but I'd rather like a comment as to why it has been deleted and moreover to ask why there is a Debating section at all. Get in the real world for goodness sake.
Corrie

Postby mo » Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 pm

I agree with Corrie. We all have our own views and surely there is nothing wrong in discussing it on here, so long as it doesn't get nasty.

Two of my daughters are looking desperately for work through being made redundant but can't get a job. Thery are happy to do anything cleaning you name it but the foreigners have taken all ther jobs going.
mo

Postby Monsy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:16 am

I am sorry you disagree VM, but this is a debating section.

I can't see any bile and hatred, only folk putting forward their opinions. I don't think Eve would be appalled, she would probably join in with an opinion of her own.

When you read some of the diatribes on t'internet about the state of the country, due (in their opinions)
to the massive influx of foreigners, I think this debate is pretty harmless.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Maywalk » Fri May 18, 2012 11:47 am

I fail to see where anyone is being bitchy VM. Everyone is just stating their point of view.

I must admit that I am worried for my granddaughters future because its beginning to look like a take over bid with all the different nationalities coming into this country, especially when they KNOW they will be looked after both healthwise and daily living. :evil: Its about time something was done about it.
They certainly are getting a ruddy sight more than I had when I was young and I was bred and born in this country. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby admin » Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 pm

My tuppence-worth.

I agree that the UK Government is completely inept when it comes to immigration control (and lots of other things)...and have been for decades. I agree that we should have enough border controls to actually manage to accomplish what they were originally set up to do, but which have never been funded enough to work efficiently. I agree that our immediate unquestioning acceptance of all EU dictat has left us wide open to an influx of EU citizens on top of immigrants from other countries...and, between the UN and EU, getting rid of illegals is well nigh impossible. I agree we are a small country which needs to be more selective and limit annual immigration...and spread immigrants we allow in around the country a bit more as well.

Corrie..France doesn't do unquestioning acceptance of EU dictat....they look for loopholes and use them to their benefit. I'd not be surprised if, given the French influence on EU rules and laws, they don't build in the loopholes deliberately! :twisted: The UK Government, however, wouldn't recognise a loophole if it rose up and bit them on the bum....you just have to look at the way the rich can avoid taxes and the benefit cheats are so rarely caught to see that. The UK government does PC idiocy and incompetence to the level of the useless political degrees they think entitles them to tell us how to live our lives.....and that's the difference in attitude between the two countries.

I'm not keen, however, and I don't believe Evie would have been, on the blanket daemonisation of those incomers who take advantage of the UK Government ineptitude....and less keen on anything which differentiates between the white and non-white groups which do so.....because that smacks of racism..and some remarks on this thread are veering dangerously close to that. For example obvious non-indigenous can only apply to non-whites...while everybody knows that British citizens come in all colours, as do all EU citizens, all American citizens etc....and all tourists. Looking non-indigenous in BNP terms does not make one automatically an immigrant, legal or illegal, or someone on benefits. Looking indigenous in BNP terms does not make one automatically British, legal, working and not claiming benefits. I am delighted to see that so many can recognise an illegal immigrant from a legal immigrant just by looking at them, and can further recognise a British citizen..but it does rather make one wonder why you do not then report them as soon as you recognise them as illegal...and start the process to send them on their way home. :thinking:

Some actual immigration figures for you all....http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jun/26/non-eu-immigration-uk-statistics#data

From that, you can see that much of the immigration to the UK is us reaping what we have sowed from the days of the Empire until now, via wars, interference in other countries, capitalist globalism and sycophancy. The comments on that article are interesting and illuminating, too....certainly more interesting and accurate than much of the biased troch propounded in the red-tops as fact and swallowed wholesale by too many of the British public.

I have little time for any but local papers nowadays, and the article on which this thread is based is a good example why I don't read them...but it is certainly much better fun basing threads on a headline from a newspaper which wouldn't know the difference between fact and fiction..it is a tendency on all forums nowadays, tbh, and drives me nuts.

The same information from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16643677 doesn't read quite as vituperative, does it?

It found that 371,000 migrants made claims last year, the vast majority of which were legitimate.

The research suggests workers born abroad may be less likely to claim benefits than UK nationals.

* As of February 2011, there were 5.5m people receiving working-age benefits. Some 371,000 of those were foreign nationals when they first came to the UK, representing 6.4% of the claimants.
* Almost 17% of all British nationals receive these benefits compared with almost 7% of all those classed as non-UK nationals when they first arrived in the UK.
* More than half of those receiving a benefit had in fact at some point become British citizens, meaning they had the same rights as people born British.

Not quite 370,000 migrants claiming benefits
admin
Busy Bee

Postby Corrie » Fri May 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks for your comments. I'd just like to add that what I absolutely abhor is the use of the words "diatribe of bile and hatred". Each and everyone of us has an opinion and my thoughts on opinions are, no right, no wrong, its just an opinion, and I stand by my opinion without showing any bile or hatred. I am not a racist either.
Corrie

Next

Return to Politics and News