What IS the matter with them?

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

What IS the matter with them?

Postby Monika » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:49 pm

What is the matter with those in authority who go over to Calais to bring children (young adults up to 17 years of age) to this country?

They should be made to take someone of average intelligence with them, an ordinary joe/joan, common-sense person who can tell children from your average 20 or 30 something, (that includes just about everybody I and you know!)

Failing that, they should have a printed list of instructions to enable them to recognise children - you know, like children do not have row upon row of wrinkles running across their forehead, children do not have crow's feet around the eyes, children do not have 7 o'clock shadow every day. War does not physically age children dramatically by 10 to 20 years, it makes them worried, anxious and unhappy but doesn't make them look different from children from peacetime countries.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING EXPLOITED AND NOT KNOWING WHO THE HELL WE ARE SHARING OUR COUNTRY WITH! :tantrum2:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: What IS the matter with them?

Postby dita » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING EXPLOITED AND NOT KNOWING WHO THE HELL WE ARE SHARING OUR COUNTRY WITH! Quote Monika
.You are not wrong Monika, many of us feel the same.
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:00 pm

We're at 70,000 last year mostly Brits, Aussies and Chinese with 3.15million tourists. It's getting quite crowded down here!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Monika wrote:.......... take someone of average intelligence with them, an ordinary joe/joan, common-sense person who can tell children from your average 20 or 30 something, (that includes just about everybody I and you know!) ... ...

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING EXPLOITED AND NOT KNOWING WHO THE HELL WE ARE SHARING OUR COUNTRY WITH! :tantrum2:

Absolutely agree with you.
I'm suffering from compassion fatigue. If we really must, then accept under 10s but anyone over the age of criminal responsibility who has paid money to people smugglers, by-passed the rules for claiming asylum, and is trying to break into a truck or walk through the tunnel is a criminal and should be permanently excluded.
Andere Richtingen

Return to Politics and News