Mass stabbing attack in new Berlin train station

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Mass stabbing attack in new Berlin train station

Postby Kevin » Sat May 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Just been reading in the German press about a 16-year-old lad who, at the conclusion of the opening ceremony at Berlin's new main railway station, suddenly went crazy with a knife and stabbed 26 people, injuring some of them very badly.

Doesn't bear thinking about, does it? :huffin:
Kevin

Postby Maywalk » Sat May 27, 2006 1:13 pm

Bloody hell Kevin what ever comes over folk to do things like that. :evil:

Is he a drug taker?

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH TODAYS YOUNGER GENERATION.???????????????

Its not only in Germany, its in every country.

They all seem to have their share of mad buggers like this youth. :evil: :evil:
Maywalk

Postby Monsy » Sat May 27, 2006 1:47 pm

He probably used a knife because he couldn't get a gun! Probably some poor misunderstood teenager................
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Sat May 27, 2006 4:22 pm

I can't stop wondering why all this violence is around so much nowadays. I don't remember anything like this when I was growing up. Why are people so angry and aggressive? I used to blame it on the Thatcher years for the lack of caring around, but it can't be jsut that surely?
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Kevin » Sat May 27, 2006 4:59 pm

My theory is that it's largely due to the tendency these days to try and justify any kind of behaviour as a person's right to express their individuality. All over the world we're seeing one excess exceed another on an almost daily basis. :dunno:
Kevin

Postby Lacemaker » Sat May 27, 2006 10:19 pm

That and the very violent films and video games that are around these days ! :evil:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

post subject

Postby Penny » Sun May 28, 2006 7:33 pm

Such a lot of violence these days. No respect for anything or anyone. I do still think discipline should begin at home and then be carried on in the school-room. Penny.
Penny

Postby dejavou » Sun May 28, 2006 7:37 pm

True Penny, I agree
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monika » Sun May 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Everyone on here is talking a lot of sense which brings me to the other problem nowadays .............

Nobody listens to the older generations anymore. We have a wealth of experience, a great deal of knowledge to pass on, but in the western world you become invisible once you get to 60.

So, is it any wonder they all flounder around with no values whatsoever .. cos it's only we who have any! :sad:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Rowan » Sun May 28, 2006 11:38 pm

How true Monika. I always found my grandma a great help when growing up and she wasn't a bit critical either, it was just that she'd learned from experience what was a good thing to do and what was not. Not a lot of grandmas are around as much as OUR grandmas though.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Sun May 28, 2006 11:39 pm

The same can be said for parents Rowan :sad:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Lacemaker » Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 am

Being a widow back in the 30's with two small boys to bring up, my mother-in-law had to go to work. When we married it was at the start of the time when women with children were deciding that they didn't have to give up work if they had a family, that they could continue on if they wanted to.

As a 'latchkey' kid himself, Bernie always said that he didn't want that kind of life for his children - being pushed from pillar to post, to anyone who could look after them - so in spite of the fact that an extra wage would have been very useful, I stayed home and looked after the girls. He wanted me there when they left for school and when they arrived home again.

The extra holidays, etc. would have been nice but I really do think that my time was better spent being there for the girls. Unfortunately not all women have that choice - my mother-in-law for instance - but if it is at all possible, it is the best thing to do.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Return to Politics and News