Important if you are travelling..........

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Important if you are travelling..........

Postby Josieclick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:35 am

Josieclick

Postby Monsy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:16 am

Disrupting anything in one way or another is their objective! Thank goodness their plans were thwarted. All those poor people stuck at airports for hours now.................
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:11 pm

Well, their objective has cerainly been achieved! Personally, I think that all this terrorism - and remember one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter - has been exacerbated by that idiot Blair, his boss Bush and their ilk in instigating an illegal war and backing Israel no matter what they do.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:56 pm

No doubt you're right Rowan, but I'm happy to follow the "better safe than sorry" route
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Lacemaker » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 pm

.....and Gina and myself have been talking about planning another trip....... :evil:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Shutterfrog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:29 pm

maybe by next year, we can try it safely? <deep sigh>
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:37 pm

I won't be travelling at all now! The things is it does nothing to gain a cause sympathy by causing harm and death to ordinary people. I wouldn't go to America in any event anyway!!
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Shutterfrog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm

But............. Rowan, I was making arrangement for Patrick Stewart to pick you up at the airport. :rolleye11:
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Rowan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:30 am

Sorry Gina but even for Patrick Stewart, I wouldn't go to America - no problem with Americans, just their government who are taking their country backwards.

I'm so glad that my niece is home from America - I was sick when she decided to go and worried all the time she was away.

I'm afraid I see America as a country that it is unsafe to visit due to so many different state laws - the danger of corrupt police etc etc.

We see television programmes from America with rich looking homes etc. - no mention of the poor. America is a country where the rich are very rich and the poor are on a par with third world countries. Not the land of the free - the land of the law of the gun and the free...so long as you have money and power and are prepared to trample over everybody to get that way.

PS
Mhairi had asked me to go with her and her mum to New York for christmas shopping this year...free trip...and I had to say no because of my beliefs.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Well it won't stop me travelling where ever & whenever I want, otherwise the buggers have won :tantrum2: Anyway, I'm a great believer in fate, if it's my lot to die in a plane crash, then that's what'll happen, even if one drops on me :tantrum2:

Not everybody's way of thinking, but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same, would it? :dunno:

Rowan, the US government is no worse than ours, we're both led by arseholes who think they're infallable :tantrum2: But I admire you for standing up for your belief

Don't worry Gina, I'm going to be boosting your economy in December :rolleye11:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Shutterfrog » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 pm

back to Vegas, Deja?
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Oddquine » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:11 pm

Gina and Hazel...........by next year, the restrictions will be obvious, even set in stone......... and copeable with...........so come on over! :mrgreen:

Looks atm as if June/July weatherwise is best..............but will update as weather hits. Last few days absolutely autumnal! :evil:
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Shutterfrog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:13 am

I'm still planning on being back, Oddie :mrgreen: Will just need to be sure my camera can go with me and not with my luggage. :please:
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:45 am

Rowan wrote:Sorry Gina but even for Patrick Stewart, I wouldn't go to America - no problem with Americans, just their government who are taking their country backwards.

Rowan, you can't find fault with the American government without also finding fault with the people who put them into power, so your statement is blatantly anti-American in every sense.

I'm so glad that my niece is home from America - I was sick when she decided to go and worried all the time she was away.

I'm afraid I see America as a country that it is unsafe to visit due to so many different state laws - the danger of corrupt police etc etc.

Why? Scotland has different laws to England, there are corrupt police in Glasgow - does that mean I shouldn't let my son go on holiday to Scotland then?

We see television programmes from America with rich looking homes etc. - no mention of the poor. America is a country where the rich are very rich and the poor are on a par with third world countries. Not the land of the free - the land of the law of the gun and the free...so long as you have money and power and are prepared to trample over everybody to get that way.

If you were a television programme maker Rowan, hoping to make money, would you make one about the poor? Of course America has very rich and very poor people, primarily because over there, people who get off their arses and work hard and think big, make it big. So it has always been since the disaffected peoples of Britain and Europe sailed away to the New World.

PS
Mhairi had asked me to go with her and her mum to New York for christmas shopping this year...free trip...and I had to say no because of my beliefs.

Rowan, I think your beliefs are wrong. If you went to visit the USA you would find things very different to how you imagine them. Or perhaps you'd rather have the world ruled by young, bearded Muslims who think it's OK to mass murder thousands of ordinary travelling folk.
Kevin

Postby Josieclick » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:05 am

Well said Kevin..

I have a son who lives and works in the States,he comes home every two years or so,I have been just the once.....now let's say we were swayed by the terrorist and decided not to travel acrros the pond,that would be playing into their hands,wouldn't it??
Josieclick

Next

Return to Politics and News