The next Cold War?

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

The next Cold War?

Postby Oddquine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Because I can't see the US actually starting a real one.

But isn't it a shade hypocritical of the US to complain about the increase in the Chinese military budget, when, even at the US worst case guestimates it is still only a quarter of that spent by the US.

I'm inclined to think the problem is more that they will, eventually, no longer be the only player in the game in Asia........and they don't like the idea of not being the big cheese everywhere.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby doatie1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:36 pm

I think you are probably right, Oddquine, but it will take time to happen and selfishly I hope to miss the collision!
doatie
doatie1

Postby Rowan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:47 pm

The chinese are the ones to watch.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Oddquine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:27 pm

Watch, yes.................give instructions to as if you are cock of the walk........no!
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:43 pm

Rowan wrote:The chinese are the ones to watch.

I agree, Rowan.......and our prime minister wants to sell them uranium ! Shades of Pig Iron Bob all over again when Robert Menzies sold iron to Japan before WW2.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby doatie1 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:10 pm

I haven`t thought of Pig Iron Bob in years! If nice Mr. Blair feels that God is telling him to sell the Chinese uranium, then sure as fate that is what he do! No stopping a zealot.
doatie
doatie1

Postby Mgzy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:18 pm

Thgink the way that industry is heading in the direction of China coupled with the financial gain to be had from this.. China will be a big player in word politics soon... and not just China... all the countries in the far east that can produce products cheaper than the west can... even though it's the ones in control that are making the money and not the actual workers...

Just how many Russian billionairs have we seen since the end of the then cold war... and how many of the "workers" actually found themselves with a better lifestyle...

Communism and 1984...

If you have a trade and can teach that trade China wants to know you especially in Electronics.. manufacturing and IT...

AND... They pay well...

Bout time America realised it aint all that.... and in parts of the globe it has NOTHING to say...
Mgzy

Return to Politics and News