Just Like Old Times

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Just Like Old Times

Postby Monika » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:37 pm

A brutal piece of human garbage went out to seek revenge after being ordered to do community service for an assault on his adoptive mother.

So, a young woman, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, was attacked and raped by him later that day.

However, two 16 year old boys gave chase and alerted others along the way and all these people surrounded the (so-called) man until the police arrived and the result was that, yesterday, he was given a life sentence.

After many years of reading about people walking by, 'not wanting to get involved' when they see someone being attacked, I live in hope that we will see more of this kind of action from the British in future.

When I was young, there seems to have been an unwritten law whereby men (and women) seeing someone in trouble would just look at each other and go to help, en masse. The result was that, most often, the miscreant, being the coward that most of them are, would simply run off.

These two young men should make us all proud.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Rowan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:02 pm

Absolutely- they were very brave to take such a stand when so many would have walked on by. Good on them.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Great to see they were given £200 each by the judge as a reward for their quick thinking ...... well done to them
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:05 pm

What a lovely thing to read for a change.
It shows there are decent folk who will come forward in times of need.
Well done the two lads.
Its lovely to read something positive about the younger generation for a change.,
Maywalk

Postby maggiesaes » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:58 pm

Yes full marks to them,especially as these days you leave yourself open to being sued if you interfere.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
MaggiesaesImage
maggiesaes

Postby Vince » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:13 pm

I just wish I was young enough to batter these thugs, and say they fell over

Vince.
Vince

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Well done to the boys - but what a sad state of affairs when this is considered unusual.... :dunno:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Monsy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:06 pm

There's been a 56 year old woman murdered near me. This is such a safe place to walk about, and it has shocked everybody.

I was more shocked to find out that the murderer is someone I knew as a young man, he used to hang about with my daughter and a bunch of friends. He has been in my house often. He took a bad road and went on drugs and was ostracized by the others. He battered this woman to death for the meagre contents of her handbag........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:30 pm

It is shocking Monsy. A drug addict will do anythng to get their drugs - how low have we as a society got. Human life is so cheap and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Briber » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 am

Never mind, the NHS will give them the heroin they want free. mind you the NHS can't pay for the treatment for old age pensioners, (there I go again, so politically incorrect,) but it's nice, ( I don't think,) to know my taxes are being so well spent.

briber
Briber

Return to Politics and News