Our "Dave" just an ordinary bloke

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Our "Dave" just an ordinary bloke

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:21 pm

"DAVID CAMERON, the most blue-blooded Tory heir apparent for four decades, is more aristocratic than even he realised. Research published today shows that he is, in fact, related to the Queen through an illegitimate royal child.
Not only that but researchers discovered that his wife is also descended from a royal mistress.

The young pretender to the Tory throne is William IV’s great, great, great, great, great grandson. He is related to the 19th-century monarch through Elizabeth FitzClarence, the King’s illegitimate daughter, one of at least ten children he had out of wedlock with Dorothy Jordan, his long-term mistress.

Samantha Cameron, 31, Mr Cameron’s wife, who is the creative director of an upmarket stationery company, also has royal connections. An analysis of her family tree by Cracroft’s Peerage reveals that Nell Gwyn, the mistress of Charles II, is Mrs Cameron’s great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother.

The family tree by Debrett’s Peerage, the genealogists, shows that the link between Mr Cameron, 39, and William IV makes him the fifth cousin twice-removed of the Queen. If Mr Cameron, who is expected to be declared the Conservative leader tomorrow, is ever asked by the Queen to form a government, he will, as tradition dictates, kiss the hands of the monarch, who is his own kin.

Related Links
The EPP: better out than in
The royal connection has been traced through Mr Cameron’s grandfather, Donald Cameron, who married Enid Levita. Her maternal grandfather was Sir Alfred Cooper, the father of Duff Cooper, who was Sir Winston Churchill’s wartime Minister of Information.

Sir Alfred married Lady Agnes Duff, daughter of the 5th Earl of Fife by Lady Agnes Hay. Lady Agnes Hay was daughter of the 18th Earl of Erroll and Elizabeth FitzClarence, a bastard daughter of William IV by “Mrs Jordan”, who was an actress. She never married and had at least ten children with the King. Her real name was Dorothea Bland but when she went into acting she assumed the name Mrs Jordan as it was more respectable for married women to be on the stage.

Mrs Cameron’s father, Sir Reginald Sheffield, is the eighth baronet. The first was the illegitmate son of the 1st Duke of Buckingham and Normandy. The third baronet, Sir John Astley, 1828-94, married Eleanor Corbett, the granddaughter of the eighth Duke of St Albans. The first Duke of St Albans was the eldest of two illegitimate sons of Nell Gwyn, the actress, and Charles II.

Nell Gwyn came to London as an orange seller and became one of the foremost comic actresses on the London stage and one of the King’s favourite mistresses. The current Duke of St Albans — the 14th — sat in the House of Lords until the recent abolition of hereditary peerages.

The revelation of the family connection to William IV came as a surprise to Mr Cameron. A spokesman for him said: “I know for a fact that David is blissfully unaware of this. Journalists seem to know far more about his family history than he does. He hasn’t looked into his background, but he’s said as a passing joke that he’s going to. I can’t confirm or deny it.”

Charles Mosley, Debrett’s editor-in-chief, when asked about Mr Cameron’s illegitimate ancestor, said: “It was a scandal, but the 18th century was less prudish about these matters than we are. It wasn’t a secret.”

Mr Cameron’s aristocratic connections are in contrast to other recent leaders of the Conservative Party. Baroness Thatcher was a grocer’s daughter from Grantham, while the late Sir Edward Heath was the son of a railway worker. Sir John Major’s father was a circus trapeze artist and Michael Howard’s father was a Jewish refugee who fled Eastern Europe to escape the Nazis.

Patrick Cracroft-Brennan, from Cracroft’s Peerage, said: “Mr Cameron will be the most aristocratic leader of the Conservative Party since Alec Douglas-Home.”

William, Duke of Clarence, became William IV after the death of his brother, George, in 1830. His wife, Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, bore him no legitimate heirs."

An ordinary bloke or just another Tory b*****d?
Victors Mate

Postby dita » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:06 pm

Sir Reg Sheffield owns Normanby Hall, about 3 miles from my home.
dita

Postby Rowan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Another Tory b*****d!! Just an ordinary joe - I don't think so. :sad:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I think I said a bit about Mrs Cameron on Lacey's Election thread the other day. Her Dad owns much land around here. He rents his Hall out to the Council, who in turn charges us to go look at the hall and Deer Park, there is also golf course, fishing, and Weddings can be be held there, plus few more things. Bla Bla Bla they are sooooooo ordinary. :cheeky4:
dita

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Much as I dislike what "Nu" labour has done to the Labour Party to replace a Gordon Brown Government with a "Dave" Cameron one must be the worth idea since Hitler's Dad said to Hitler's Mum "Let's have an early night".
Victors Mate

Postby Steve » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 pm

I will take bets that he is also related to a certain American woman on another, far right, site. After all she is also related to Royalty, or at least she thinks so. :rolleye11:
Steve

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:38 pm

Please tell Steve. I am intrigued I've not heard this.
Victors Mate

Postby dita » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Think you could be right there Steve, some distant relation but do not know the details.
dita

Postby Steve » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:48 am

VM.a certain 'lady' on IDF who trawls other forums states she is related to Royalty. I cannot recall exactly who the Royals were but think it was the Plantaganets (sp). Of course if she were related to such Royalty than she would also be related to Jesus Christ as all Royal lines go back to Him.

There was a bust up as she took the huff at some of us commenting on her delusions on here some time back.

Its the same with many Americans who visit the tartan shop in Edinburgh and come out all smiles after finding they are distant relations to Robert the Bruce. He, The Bruce, has more distant relation in the good ole US of A than he has over here!!!!!!
Steve

Postby dita » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 am

?????????? Guess you must be on about someone I am not familiar with.
Sorry for my intrusion. Just that I live near DC's inlaws.
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:16 pm

You are thinking of a certain lady called Sally, Steve.
She says she is a direct descendant of Alfred the Great !!! :roll:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Sass » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:30 am

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!

That's who I thought you meant!

She is a little confused about her triple header descendancy though.

She is a direct descent of Attila the Hun.......er;...or was it Vlad the Impaler?

Sorry. :sunglasses:
Sass

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:41 am

:roflmao:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:46 am

Not heard of this "Sally" has she any other AKA's?

I must admit, from the description, that IDF sounds about the right place for her.
Victors Mate

Postby Steve » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:43 pm

Yes Hazel thats who I was meaning but I had forgotten her name.......an age thing methinks. I think Sass sums her up rather well although Atilla was not quite that bad.

I think there were rumours that she was a certain Christina but of course I did not spread such rumours.... :rolleye11:
Steve

Next

Return to Politics and News