Latest Film on Monarchy

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Postby Rowan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Acht Dita, its just one of the things that bug me. This doesn't mean I am anti English - it means I am anti being governed by another country.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks Rowan and so you should be. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Max » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:15 am

Have watched the first couple of episodes here, shown once a week.
Totally boring, sad that when the Queen visited us for the last time, very few people gathered to greet her.
Even fewer when Charlie boy arrived minus his what does she refer to herself as?

Anyway, now that Harry is being flown back to England have decided that if England and Harry can't 'hack it', will think about voting for Republican next time around. After all he is just another soldier sent from various countries to fight against terrorism. Why should he be shown special privilege? When he came to my country to learn about jackerooing, he couldn't hack that either, rang Daddy and told him he wanted to go home :roflmao: His Father told him to stay and he was removed from the beautiful property and placed in the care of Australia's richest family, in Sydney. Harry learnt how to take himself to a nightclub often with one of his female cousins and kick up his heels i.e. get himself drunk. So much for the hard yakka.
Although, having said that and watched footage of him at War, he seemed intent on following through his assignment shame the British or perhaps English press released the location he was at and the English Government took him home. Very sad that his Mother is no longer with her Sons I've a feeling she would have insisted he stay and if killed, heartbroken, but so be it. Really don't know but it is showing the English Government in a very poor light to the rest of the world.

Prince Charles was sent to Australia to a private boarding school, loved it, was allowed no special priviliges that is possibly why he was so popular here until he remarried. Feel sorry for him. Feel the Queen should have stept down and allowed Prince Charles a little time on the throne ooops :roll: whell, what can one say lol
Max

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:15 am

Actually it was the Australian New Idea Magazine that released the news, Max. :rolleye11:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:21 am

Oh come on Hazel don't let the truth spoil Max's rant. :hide:
Victors Mate

Postby Max » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Sorry Haze, think you got that one wrong. I heard him interviewed about going home whilst still there, English accents, he replied "yes, thanks to you lot".

VM was not having a little rant, I feel sorry for the young fellow perhaps even sorrier for those whose lives he may endangered by staying.

Watching this evening's news, it appears he is determined to return perhaps he has come of age. Most young men need to sow their wild oats shame the media won't leave them in peace. His Father appeared happy to have him home which every parent woud be, however, I've a feeling Harry has a mind of his own which is good and will do as he wishes not as he is told. Good for him, he has come of age and will hopefully continue to head in the correct direction. Still wish his Mother was around as they appeared to share a special bond.
Max

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:59 pm

"One Australian news magazine, New Idea, reported Harry's deployment a month ago, but it was not until it was carried yesterday on the Drudge Report, a major American website, that the news embargo was lifted."
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:40 pm

I take exception to at least one of your statements Max. One of those I object to is your speaking as if you have inside knowledge of exactly what these members of the english monarchy did while in Australia - somehow I doubt you would have been taken into their confidence. Secondly, you say that Diana would have insisted that Harry stay and be killed...well, from what I have read and personally understood about her she as a mother first and member of the royal family second - she would not have wanted him killed.

This is my opinion only of course...I don't have the confidence of the english monarchy either!! :cheeky4:

I think Hazel and VM have dealt quite adequately with your other strange remarks.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Max » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Rowan, I guess the proof is in the pudding when stories and photos are splashed all over our newspapers. Why would I want to be privy to what they do in private, doesn't concern me at all, none of my business, nor does it concern me as to what the people who live next door to me do behind closed doors. Of course no Mother wants to see her child killed at war, some are killed, it would be heartbreaking. However, aren't they supposed to have joined the armed forces to do just that, fight for their Country? if the need should arise?

VM, had a quick look at an English site it appeared to me another "if in doubt blame the americans". That, to me, is a sad situation. The guy's safely home, so be it now the immediate and real concern is for those he fought with. Please don't blame Australia for everything merely because I make a comment or two in passing.
Max

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:39 pm

I think that once it was known he has to come out! Good on him for trying! But he now becomes, not simply an 'enemy' of the Taliban- but a possible propaganda coup.
New Idea claimed that they didn't know a media ban had been agreed up! That's a bit hard to believe.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Max » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:45 am

There are certain situations which occur in other Countries, somebody wanting to sell their stories about certain celebrities or whatever. None of our media will touch it.

I've no idea what the New Idea have published, don't have the time to read magazines, am too busy packing and moving to a far nicer area. Ciderman what did make my blood boil prior to Christmas was the fact that a young Maori was murdered in a park one night in the so called salubrious suburb next to mine.
Kicked in the head 3 times, by 3 local boys who attend a high school in this area.
He had told his girlfriend to run and her evidence given to the police was excactly consistent with the manner in which he had been murdered. Why did these anglo/saxon low life do this? probably because his skin was of a different colour :twisted: They are due to face court shortly but were released into the custody of their parents. Shame. They should have immediately been placed in one of our many youth detention centres. Guess the only satisfaction you and I would have is knowing that every parent at that school would know the identity of the 3 and demanded that their child/children not associate with murderers.

Rowan I've tolerated more than enough of your comments so have decided to draw the line in the sand. Australia owes a huge debt of gratitude to America, knowing you mentioned your interest in history will explain a little further.
When the Japanese tried to invade Australia Churchill apparently commented "let the Japs take Australia, we will then take it back", ha funny fellow little wonder he was so despised in my country. The Anzacs fought back the Japanese with the assistance of the fuzzywuzzy angels and the Americans who happened to have a battleship in the Coral Sea, between their Ship and ours they continued to fight back the Japanese. Known as the Battle of the Coral Sea. A few japanese subs did manage to enter Sydney Harbour however were attended to by our subs.
End of that history lesson.

I'm never been dealt with by anybody in my life, apart from my parents when the need arose :roflmao: 3 boys and their mates and 1 girl and her girlfriends, life became slightly hectic for them. Damn it just missed an important phone call while typing this.

Have decided that I won't be dictated to by your or anybody else, this used to be a nice place, in my opinion, no longer so, I leave of my own accord :sunglasses: hehe
Max

Postby Rowan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:19 am

:banana:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Polter60 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:58 am

And here in, leaves us another lessson in boredom, to be avoided if the grey matter is in tinkling formation ........ meanwhile ....... back at Lee Childs ....... remains to be seen ......... but what fun the anticipation!!!!
Warning! the owner of this signature may contain alcohol
Polter60
Honorary Member

Re: Latest Film on Monarchy

Postby drogo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:10 am

Rowan wrote:England is not the most important country in the British Isles or the United Kingdom. It is but one of 4, equally important countries.

There is another country in the British Isles, the republic of Ireland. And, while we are about it, don't forget the Isle Of Man and the Channel Islands which, although part of the British Isles, are not part of the United Kingdom.
drogo

Postby Rowan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 am

Sorry, should have thought of them too.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and News