Ain't it the troof

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:28 pm

For heaven's sake Vannin, it hasn't been 24 hours yet ! I think Eve is just giving Sass a chance to reconsider.

I too have enjoyed Sass's comments and I feel for her - it is hard NOT to react in such a way when your whole family has been vilified because of their family origins. I live in Australia, support Australia in every way, even if our sports teams are playing England, but if anyone begins to criticize England and the Engish way of life in general then I can become quite upset, too. Think of it as a dripping tap - after ignoring it for a while, the time comes when the drip drip drip becomes maddening enough to drive you around the bend. People may not mean to upset anyone and may interpret various statements/jokes in a different way to those who have had these hurled at them constantly in a hurtful, nasty way.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:46 pm

I got on alright with Sass up until this last thread, but, I'm ashamed to say, I reacted to her vehemence on the topic. I shall try to be more restrained.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Rowan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:39 am

I haven't had time to turn round today. I do work you know!! I'll remove Sass as she requested when I get a minute.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:35 am

Hazel, I know the feeling too, as an Irishwoman in England. But I know I have never retaliated such as to attack anyone in a menacingly hurtful manner.

Unlike you, when there are sport fixtures, I support Ireland against England...which means being against the other three family members!
vannin

Postby dejavou » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:53 am

Enough already ...... life's too short for carrying on petty squabbles :evil:

Rowan perhaps you could move this to the almost empty debating room ? or just can it altogether, it's up to you :dunno:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am

:shock: Who was squabbling? When mentioning the person still being on the list, I intended no criticism of Rowan whatsoever. It meant I realised there was reconsidering in progress. I have hardly posted for months and no squabbling will evolve from this quarter. :oops:
vannin

Postby dejavou » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:01 pm

The squabbling remark was not meant personally to you Viv, just everybody in general, who's been made hot under the collar by this thread ....... now I'm away to join everybory in Vince's bed (don't tell Mons :rolleye11: )
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Enjoy the fun at Vince's. :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby dejavou » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:00 pm

The poor begger'll be tired out :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Previous

Return to Politics and News